Game Thread: Vandy vs. UT

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I haven't read entire thread but I haven't seen this posted. But Derek Mason has quietly improved Vandy and is a good offensive coordinator and one two good players on offense away from being an 8-9 win football team. I've watched them play on and off this season and each time I watched them play they've gotten a lot better each time. Good for him and Vandy! Give them some credit as well.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Healthy Auburn certainly is.
Over healthy Tennessee? Not sure I agree with that - sloppy tops injuries (especially on D) have been massive, and it's been key players too.
Might be more of a wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
BJ's decision to not kick the field goal when you need two scores is inexplicable.

It's pretty obvious--Butch and Tennessee have both been processed.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I second that. Although I would have liked to see Clemson lose.
Well yeah, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen. And by the looks of both Clemson and USCe, it's not going to happen for a few more years. Clemson is determined to remain in the CFB playoff eligibility, where USCe otoh seems perfectly happy with replacing Vandy and/or UK in the SEC basement.
As far as that goes, there are several other SEC teams that for this year anyway, are equally willing to keep the Gamecocks company.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I haven't read entire thread but I haven't seen this posted. But Derek Mason has quietly improved Vandy and is a good offensive coordinator and one two good players on offense away from being an 8-9 win football team. I've watched them play on and off this season and each time I watched them play they've gotten a lot better each time. Good for him and Vandy! Give them some credit as well.
I noticed that I had a huge grin on my face when he was dancing on the sidelines late in the game, after they went up 45-34. You just can't help but be happy for the guy.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
KC Joyner must be one of those predicting great things from this team. He's rather rip Jones than accept that he might have been wrong. 12-0 talent? Not even close.
Completely agree. I said in a preseason thread that I don't but the talent level of UT. They didn't have a single player drafted last year. And before the injury excuses come flooding in they were completely healthy the first game vs App State and should have lost that. They have average talent. Not anywhere near elite..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.