No Touchdown November

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I find the fact that no team has run a play inside our 10 yard line in 4 games possibly the most astonishing stat of all.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The '61 NC team had 25 points against them total in 11 games. :BigA:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/alabama/1961-schedule.html
Fantastic, truly. But with modern rules, offenses, and player development, it's unlikely that team could hold their season score to 10x what they did then.

The game has just changed so dramatically.

Think about it - if you put the 2016 Bama D as it stands right now in 1961, would anyone score anything?

The '61 team (like the rightfully heralded 1992 D) is appreciated as it should be - but the modern game is so much more intense it's incomparable.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Fantastic, truly. But with modern rules, offenses, and player development, it's unlikely that team could hold their season score to 10x what they did then.

The game has just changed so dramatically.

Think about it - if you put the 2016 Bama D as it stands right now in 1961, would anyone score anything?

The '61 team (like the rightfully heralded 1992 D) is appreciated as it should be - but the modern game is so much more intense it's incomparable.
Wholeheartedly agreed, in its day still phenomenal play. Not even meant to compare with today, we just have such a heritage of defense in our program that is honored by this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I wonder when was the last time any team allowed zero touchdowns during the month of November?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Anyone notice this streak started the game right after Eddie got injured? Seems like his injury made the other guys on D pull together and play even stronger. They said they were going to dedicate the remainder of the season to Eddie and they are sure playing like it.
NEXT MAN UP... We loose Eddie and everyone plays lights out.
While I loved the 92 Defense, I think this Defense is better.
Admittedly a different kind of football these days, but this team outshines the great 92 team.

Last edited:

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Just saw this:

My favorite play of the game might have been at the 0:51 mark of the video...Pettway is charging straight ahead and Ryan Anderson comes in from the side, stops all his momentum, picks him up, and places him down on the ground like he was a little kid. :)

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Heard yet another incredible defensive stat yesterday, there have been 158 possesions by opponents, 75 have been 3 and outs.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Through 12 games, Alabama has only allowed 824 rushing yards. At that rate it would require 15 games to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark for the season...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
After the Auburn game every starter except one in our base, nickel (including the re-alignment after Eddie went down), and dime packages has either intercepted a pass, recovered a fumble or forced a fumble so far this season

Guess who the one is?

Foster - who would have thought that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
After the Auburn game every starter except one in our base, nickel (including the re-alignment after Eddie went down), and dime packages has either intercepted a pass, recovered a fumble or forced a fumble so far this season

Guess who the one is?

Foster - who would have thought that.
Well, he doesn't really have hands in a game - more like clubs.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I wonder when was the last time any team allowed zero touchdowns during the month of November?
Don't know about No TD November, but heard last night that the last team to go this long without allowing a TD (17 quarters) was in 2005 and was led by DeMeco Ryans and Roman Harper.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.