Do we have any injuries of note going into the SECCG?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Marlon has an injury. Coach said that he could have come back in, but they shut him down. That's the only one I can think of.

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9" using Tapatalk Roll Tide!
Even without Marlon, Florida's QB and WR play isn't good enough to exploit a potential absence of #26.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Here is somewhat an update on BJ Emmons. He is special to me because he played against my high school and I had the opportunity to meet him at the 2015 NC/SC Shrine Bowl practices...Great kid.
He had Lisfranc surgery and will be out for up to 8 months. It can be serious and career ending.

Lisfranc is a ligament of the foot that runs between two bones called the medial cuneiform and the second metatarsal. The name comes from French surgeon Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin (1790-1847), who was the first physician to describe injuries to this ligament.

Some, including me might wonder how he will ever get back in the thick of things at RB. Who knows, he might because he is that good. But don't rule him out being moved to DB. He played both ways at Freedom High School and may even be more suited on that side of the ball. Let's all hope he recovers from this injury and gets back on the field in 2017.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here is somewhat an update on BJ Emmons. He is special to me because he played against my high school and I had the opportunity to meet him at the 2015 NC/SC Shrine Bowl practices...Great kid.
He had Lisfranc surgery and will be out for up to 8 months. It can be serious and career ending.

Lisfranc is a ligament of the foot that runs between two bones called the medial cuneiform and the second metatarsal. The name comes from French surgeon Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin (1790-1847), who was the first physician to describe injuries to this ligament.

Some, including me might wonder how he will ever get back in the thick of things at RB. Who knows, he might because he is that good. But don't rule him out being moved to DB. He played both ways at Freedom High School and may even be more suited on that side of the ball. Let's all hope he recovers from this injury and gets back on the field in 2017.
Has it been reported BJ had Lisfranc? Didn't know if I missed that or what.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
With a name like Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin, I think you almost have to be French.

Just like that famous French athlete Jacques le Strap...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
With a name like Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin, I think you almost have to be French.

Just like that famous French athlete Jacques le Strap...

Much better than being a Bolivian unicyclist. (Yes, an obscure reference to go along with this week's running obscure reference.)

TideFaninSoFla

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 5, 2007
My wife tore her Lisfranc it took a full year for her to be able to just walk without pain. Obviously different circumstances since she isn't in the same shape as an elite athlete and she didn't have the best doctors working with her. I just know how much pain she was in so I feel for the guy.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm just hopeful that Marlon didn't pull his hamstring. If he did, we can can forget him playing in the SEC Championship, but hopefully he can be ready for the playoff.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I have a finger injury that might slow down popping the top of a can, but I'll be ready to play.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I'm just hopeful that Marlon didn't pull his hamstring. If he did, we can can forget him playing in the SEC Championship, but hopefully he can be ready for the playoff.
Marlon reportedly hasn't practiced this week and it was his hammy. If he doesn't get some time in today, his playing in the SECCG doesn't look good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.