Cell phone lights at BDS

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I remember the thread after the LSU game, assume that's the thread linked above, I have no strong feelings for or against but I concur with the 'looked very cool' consensus.
it did look cool. i think we will now start seeing it at every nighttime sporting event.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My first trip to BDS in 7 years...atmosphere was out of this world...took a picture of the lights -- awesome. The whole experience was incredible...glad to see that they had blocked off University after the game...beats any other stadium I have experienced...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The television does not do it justice - in person was 100 times better.

Here's a funny side note. When that happened, it really sorta ruined my video recording light setting on my camcorder ha ha. But high above the stadium was a single, solitary light. Maybe a blimp, maybe the North Star, I don't know.

My brother nudged me (I had not noticed it) and said, "Wow. BDS lit up and then God showed up with His light and wanted to participate."

Awesome.

Also, it was NOT during "Sweet Home Alabama," in fact, they committed the capital punishment crime of cutting that song off suddenly and early at the Muscle Shoals part. Not a fade, a sudden cut.

And I did not hear "Dixieland Delight" all season long, either. "Wagon Wheel" is played a lot it seems.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The television does not do it justice - in person was 100 times better.

Here's a funny side note. When that happened, it really sorta ruined my video recording light setting on my camcorder ha ha. But high above the stadium was a single, solitary light. Maybe a blimp, maybe the North Star, I don't know.

My brother nudged me (I had not noticed it) and said, "Wow. BDS lit up and then God showed up with His light and wanted to participate."

Awesome.

Also, it was NOT during "Sweet Home Alabama," in fact, they committed the capital punishment crime of cutting that song off suddenly and early at the Muscle Shoals part. Not a fade, a sudden cut.

And I did not hear "Dixieland Delight" all season long, either. "Wagon Wheel" is played a lot it seems.
i thought i heard wagon wheel at one point.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
It was a highlight of the crowd during the game. As a whole I thought the crowd was very mellow. There wasn't a lot of excitement at the game. I have been to all but 4 home games in the past 13 years and the crowd excitement was pretty low. Especially for an Iron Bowl

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It was a highlight of the crowd during the game. As a whole I thought the crowd was very mellow. There wasn't a lot of excitement at the game. I have been to all but 4 home games in the past 13 years and the crowd excitement was pretty low. Especially for an Iron Bowl
Yeah, the ATM game was more fervent in the crowd, and part of that was because of the Aggie Yell guys. One guy who sits near me noted the virtual absence of Aubie fans, especially as compared to ATM fans.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
These students must have been sitting behind the AU's bench. We sit behind Bama's bench and we first saw the first lights directly across from us.

We were coming out of one of the many commercial breaks and a slow tempo song was playing on the PA system. A few fans across the way began waving their cell phones from side to side similar to how we used to wave cigarette lighters during ballads at concerts (picture the crowd swaying to Purple Rain). Some folks in our section started signalling back to them just for kicks. Once the student section lit theirs it quickly spread through the stadium including the upper decks.

It was something to see. It looked like one big Christmas tree against the night sky. The TV does not do it justice at all.

https://vimeo.com/193444490
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.