2016 SEC Championship Gameweek Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
The follow-up was about Hurts. You guys can say that you are okay with Saban treating people like this if you wish. I would never be okay with an OSU employee treating another person like this.
Doesn't bother me in the least.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Nope - when the same reporter asked a follow-up, Saban jumped on him again. That is flat wrong. The reporter asked a legit question. and Saban acted like a total jerk. This is all on Saban. The media in Alabama are sheep for accepting that.
Saban didn't jump on him twice just after the stupid first question that would make most coaches mad. Maybe you need to find a safe place.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saban didn't jump on him twice just after the stupid first question that would make most coaches mad. Maybe you need to find a safe place.
Did you listen to the presser? If so, tell me what question was asked, because it was neither stupid nor did it suggest that the game did not matter.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Did you listen to the presser? If so, tell me what question was asked, because it was neither stupid nor did it suggest that the game did not matter.
While I follow along with the pressers on Twitter, I don't watch them. The way you talk, Saban blew up on the guy. That wasn't rude, and he shouldn't apologize to the reporter.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Here is the video. He was frustrated, but he has been like this for years. I don't see the big deal? The media knows it and expects it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It was a stupid question based on who he asked. If a reporter asks anyone on Bama's team or Saban that question is stupid. If he were to ask Galloway, Kannell, Desmond, Pollack, etc... it is not stupid. Seems I recall a lot of football coaches/players talking down to the press when a question is stupid. Parcells, Belicheck, Bobby Knight, Bear Bryant etc... I could keep going.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
The problem I have is reporters know what fires Saban up yet they sometimes still ask the question because they know it will make headlines which gives them a leg up in reporting. Saban answered the question the way he always has and any reporter with common sense knows that if they interview him they are taking a potential risk if they don't want to get their feelings hurt. JMO

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Looks like a Coach being a Coach. He appeared to use the you all message for all the media and it looks very much like a message being sent to the players. He may have been correct at saying to the guy to lead with the Hurts question first. Coaches have to have thick skin and so should the media.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I'm reading all of this and thinking, all of the attention is on Coach's comments and not about the rumors of Kiffin leaving to go to XYZ school.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I'm reading all of this and thinking, all of the attention is on Coach's comments and not about the rumors of Kiffin leaving to go to XYZ school.

I would think it was weird if there wasn't a rumor of a coach from Alabama leaving every season. :biggrin: I am glad we are always able to put those "distractions" aside.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I literally heard nothing that was offensive or derogatory.
You guys have just gotten used to it.

You all seem to be willing to accept it, and he is your coach, and you are lucky to have him, so I'll move on to my "safe place".

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
You guys have just gotten used to it.

You all seem to be willing to accept it, and he is your coach, and you are lucky to have him, so I'll move on to my "safe place".

B1G, if you really found what he said and how he said it that demeaning, well, you live in a far more "civilized " world than the one I grew up in ( high school coaches, drill instructors, etc. ). I wouldn`t have thought twice about what he said and how he said it.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
After Alabama beats Florida, the SEC will only have a single team capable of winning 10 games this year since only Alabama has more than 8 wins right now. When was the last time that this happened?
The inconsistencies among all the teams has been unbelievable this year. A few teams have looked really solid at times and then terrible at times. It has been a strange year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.