2016 SEC Championship Gameweek Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Here's my issue with the media. They should ask questions that the fans and general public want to know. Here's a few examples they could have asked after the IB: what was your opinion on the Tony Brown targeting call? What was the philosophy in regards to the running back rotation? Was there a specific plan to only play Bo in the second half? Those are just off the top of my head. Instead we always get the same questions such as: talk about X player, how is X player progressing, how do you mentally prepare your team etc. I've listened to almost every Saban press conference and there's very few questions asked that are well conceived. Cecil Hurt is about the only one who consistently asks legitimate questions..
Whenever an interviewer tells their subject to "Talk about this or that" I think it is incredibly lazy and disrespectful. At least have the courtesy to phrase it as a question, "Can you talk more about blah blah blah?"...even that to me is lame. You can almost always phrase an actual question. They are trying to cast a wide net and keep it general so that he might say something interesting but with Saban when you give him wide nets he's just more likely to give talking points to his team. So ask a specific question for the piece you'd like to write...you know...be a reporter, build a story.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yep, Titans are on the bye week (regrettably for my fantasy team [Mariota has been doing work for me lately])

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
TV alert...

Right now on SEC Network: "SEC Now" special on the game tomorrow.

Afterwards "The Process" special.

And at 11PM eastern...a nicely done 25th year SEC Championship special with footage and commentary on the entire history of the series.

Good stuff!!!!!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I was wandering if people forgot that we played FL tomorrow. All the talk late this week has been about Kiffin. Ha.

Will Jalen be able to finally speak?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.