Trump renews threat to prosecute Clinton for joining recount?!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm tired of this false equivalence.
You're tired of the equation "scumbag equals scumbag."

Okay.

She's a politician with some shady dealings during her decades under public scrutiny and a few errors in judgement, some of which have been profound. But she doesn't carry significantly more corruption than one can expect from a lifelong politician, and she's overall a competent woman and a decent human being who cares about the prosperity and security of the country.
Hillary Clinton cares about ONE PERSON - Hillary Clinton. Just like Trump.

Hillary attacked women verbally who told the truth about her husband's sexual peccadilloes, both legal and illegal. Just like Trump.

Hillary is a NY liberal. Just like Trump.

Hillary has never run a city or state and I don't believe she was a committee chair - same as Trump. (She has been elected Senator and served primarily in the minority party and headed a Cabinet dept for four years).

She is a woman who went after her husband's opponent in the 1990 governor's race and got up at HIS press conference because she knew she could get away with it because of who her husband was.

SHE claimed her husband was under attack from a vast conspiracy - just like Trump argues.

The two have more in common that you seem to be willing to admit. Having known two folks who spent MUCH time in close proximity to HRC and both told me the same story years apart that she is precisely what most of us see - a condescending, entitled witch....the only REAL difference in her and Trump as far as how they treat people is SHE PRETENDS in public and he doesn't. (Incidentally, both of these folks - long before she ran for office - said VERY nice things about Bill's personality and treatment of people in their presence, which does away with the partisan argument).

But that wasn't even my point. All I said above was the woman is willing to have a recount done just so somebody else pays for it. And to be honest with you, there's no doubt in my mind that Trump would leave the bill to be turned over to collections.

He is an authoritarian, vengeful narcissist with a compulsion to lie. He lacks the composure to hold any public office and has shown no loyalty or accountability toward the voters who put him in office. He values his own personal gain over the well-being of the country. Since the election, he has spent more time watching Infowars and trafficking in disproven conspiracy theories than listening to intelligence briefings. He legitimately doesn't care about national security. The man is a disgrace and embarassment, and his childish ineptitude puts our republic in danger.
What's funny is that Trump right now in terms of broken promises is acting EXACTLY like Bill Clinton did in 1992. Now - he's obviously arrogant in the approach - but Clinton took office having broken his middle class tax cut, his pledge to let the poor, black people (Clinton emphasized those points for some reason) of Haiti come here to escape the bad stuff there (and hundreds died in the sea), and he kept shifting and changing even before December arrived. (He'd later abandon his pledge of open gays in the military, too).

It's always funny to me to hear any Clinton apologist complain about ANY candidate lying. Please note I do NOT dispute your claim of him lying almost compulsively - he DOES. You get no argument from me there at all. But the same tactic invoked by the Clintonistas makes me suspect lying is not what really gets any of you folks up in arms, either.
You may think both were bad choices, and that's fine. But they were in no way equivalent choices.
I actually agree with you here, but that wasn't really my point. I know some Republicans who voted for HRC by saying, "She's crooked, he's nuts - I can live with crooked but nuts might blow up the world." I don't judge or impugn these people at all. I understand it. Maybe if she wasn't such a snot, I'd have voted for her.

But that wasn't REALLY my point above, either. She conceded. She wasn't going to have a recount. Someone raised money for it from liberals desperate to overturn the choice of the people, the same liberals who scream about things like the homeless, starving children, and no health care. Well then why couldn't this compassionate ones go find some medical bills from poor people and GIVE THEIR MONEY to pay that since they're so compassionate?

The answer, of course, is because there's no power in it for them. They can come up with a million for recounts of an election but not to help the fellow man. (I expect this from supposed non-compassionate conservatives - although virtually every study done will show you conservatives in general are actually more charitable, but I digress since that's not fair - I actually know some charitable liberals who give more than I do, and unlike much of the left, I don't put everyone into a category for definition).

So now, she's on board for a recount - because she doesn't have to pay for it. She's a typical liberal, just like Christopher Columbus.

She should have done the smart thing and denounced it up front. But I suspect this is REALLY about going after Trump's legitimacy right out of the box. It won't work, though - it didn't work with Bush and the President becomes legitimate solely by fact of his inauguration.

That said, I'm NOT happy about it at all.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I actually agree with you here, but that wasn't really my point. I know some Republicans who voted for HRC by saying, "She's crooked, he's nuts - I can live with crooked but nuts might blow up the world." I don't judge or impugn these people at all. I understand it. Maybe if she wasn't such a snot, I'd have voted for her.

But that wasn't REALLY my point above, either. She conceded. She wasn't going to have a recount. Someone raised money for it from liberals desperate to overturn the choice of the people, the same liberals who scream about things like the homeless, starving children, and no health care. Well then why couldn't this compassionate ones go find some medical bills from poor people and GIVE THEIR MONEY to pay that since they're so compassionate?

The answer, of course, is because there's no power in it for them. They can come up with a million for recounts of an election but not to help the fellow man. (I expect this from supposed non-compassionate conservatives - although virtually every study done will show you conservatives in general are actually more charitable, but I digress since that's not fair - I actually know some charitable liberals who give more than I do, and unlike much of the left, I don't put everyone into a category for definition).

So now, she's on board for a recount - because she doesn't have to pay for it. She's a typical liberal, just like Christopher Columbus.

She should have done the smart thing and denounced it up front. But I suspect this is REALLY about going after Trump's legitimacy right out of the box. It won't work, though - it didn't work with Bush and the President becomes legitimate solely by fact of his inauguration.

That said, I'm NOT happy about it at all.
1) Selma, I've noticed that your criticisms of Hillary always date back twenty years and tend to focus largely on her husband. I have no interest in rehashing a point-by-point comparison between these two (please let that broken and dying horse lie), but it is an observation I've had these past few months.
2) Clinton didn't ask for a recount because it would have been a terrible political move for her, given how she responded to Trump disputing the election before it even happened.
3) She also didn't solicit any donations for the recount, merely signed her name after the fact. Some (including Trump) have tried to characterize this as Hillary pushing for a recount, but that's disingenuous.
4) Your question of why people gave to politicians instead of to charity is a complete non sequitur.
5) I actually think audits of our electronic voting machines should be routine procedure. These are inherently less secure than paper ballots, and the ease in hacking some of these has been repeatedly demonstrated. What can be more important in a democratic society than ensuring the vote is not fraudulent?
6) I, like Clinton, don't believe the recount will change a thing.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
1) Selma, I've noticed that your criticisms of Hillary always date back twenty years and tend to focus largely on her husband. I have no interest in rehashing a point-by-point comparison between these two (please let that broken and dying horse lie), but it is an observation I've had these past few months.
2) Clinton didn't ask for a recount because it would have been a terrible political move for her, given how she responded to Trump disputing the election before it even happened.
3) She also didn't solicit any donations for the recount, merely signed her name after the fact. Some (including Trump) have tried to characterize this as Hillary pushing for a recount, but that's disingenuous.
4) Your question of why people gave to politicians instead of to charity is a complete non sequitur.
5) I actually think audits of our electronic voting machines should be routine procedure. These are inherently less secure than paper ballots, and the ease in hacking some of these has been repeatedly demonstrated. What can be more important in a democratic society than ensuring the vote is not fraudulent?
6) I, like Clinton, don't believe the recount will change a thing.
you must be new here.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
We have officially entered political la-la land...[/I]
It seems President Obama who pioneered some pretty broad prosecutorial discretion.
For immigrants who come forward and qualify, Homeland Security authorities will use prosecutorial discretion to grant deferred action.
The Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research group in Washington, estimated on Friday that as many as 1.4 million immigrants might be eligible for the new measure.
1.4 million seems like a lot of discretion.

"No, no. My violations of the letter (or spirit) of the law do not cause the destruction of the republic. Only my opponent's violations of the letter (or spirit) of the law do that.
I'm sure the Gracchi, Gaius Marius, Lucius Cornelius Sulla and Gaius Julius Caesar felt much the same way.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
even more disappointing is the number of folks going all in for the ambulatory circus peanut because he tickles their authoritarian fancies.
My favorite part was when Trump insulted the CNN reporter for failing to disprove his completely baseless fabrication that there were millions of fraudulent votes cast against him. What a disaster.

If this is how he responds after winning an election, how will it look in four years if he either appears to trail in the polls, or actually loses the election, yet retains full control of the country's law enforcement and intelligence agencies for months prior to the inauguration?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
My favorite part was when Trump insulted the CNN reporter for failing to disprove his completely baseless fabrication that there were millions of fraudulent votes cast against him. What a disaster.

If this is how he responds after winning an election, how will it look in four years if he either appears to trail in the polls, or actually loses the election, yet retains full control of the country's law enforcement and intelligence agencies for months prior to the inauguration?
the guy is a total idiot and his fans are even dumber. Scoffing about them not being able to prove a negative and his fan boys eating up how "alpha" he is for calling CNN out on it. This country has sunk to levels of stupidity that I didn't think possible.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

but obama was president and government is bad so suck it libtard

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the guy is a total idiot and his fans are even dumber. Scoffing about them not being able to prove a negative and his fan boys eating up how "alpha" he is for calling CNN out on it. This country has sunk to levels of stupidity that I didn't think possible.
i have long known the stupidity was there, but i didn't think it was so widespread.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.