Shout Out to Jeremy Pruitt for a Great Job thus far.......

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
He has our D playing as well as it has ever played and that's saying something. FYI, he is also 3-0 vs. the gus bus as a coordinator.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I think the players really bought into him as the DC, too. Almost like they are a more personal level with him--hard to explain, but if you follow Alabama FTBL on Snapchat and see the videos posted, he has a unique relationship with them. I'm really glad he came back to Bama!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He has done pretty good job. I think it took him 3 or 4 games to figure out what worked and he went with it. boy he sure did went with it...
What is it going to take to get a 'good' job - LOL. He has our D leading the nation in total and scoring defense and sacks (or close). I love his aggressive style and think the players do also.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not only is he more aggressive, but his blitzes seem to work better than Kirby's ever did.

Maybe it's just the shift in philosophy to go after the smaller, quicker guys at LB and DL. Until last year, it always seemed that our blitzes would get picked up rather easily with the exception of 2009 and Javier Arenas.

But I admit that's all anecdotal. I could be totally wrong.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not only is he more aggressive, but his blitzes seem to work better than Kirby's ever did.

Maybe it's just the shift in philosophy to go after the smaller, quicker guys at LB and DL. Until last year, it always seemed that our blitzes would get picked up rather easily with the exception of 2009 and Javier Arenas.

But I admit that's all anecdotal. I could be totally wrong.
I think that his blitzes work better because the guys blitzing are faster. For a few years you guys really couldn't blitz from anywhere but the secondary because it was a waste of a defensive player. They never got home. So Smart stopped trying.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think another thing that has helped us is Jeremy came out of the high school ranks at Hoover. Probst, although to hear gus and hugh they did, was one of the innovators of the HUNH and it was very popular in high school long before it reached the college level. He went against it every Friday and had a good idea of how to stop it. I think CNS knew he did as well.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He is a finalist for the Broyles and favored to win it. Somehow Kiffin is not a finalist. :conf3:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.