Tell me about Auburn

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If they don't have White at QB you will get a heavy dose of 245lb. Pettway. He really is a bruiser type fullback. If your front 7 can stop the run, you should be able to win. Apparently White needs to have surgery so it's a long shot that he will be available. Good luck!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Gimmick offense with a charlatan head coach who should have to give back his paychecks. High school nonsense that only works because college kids chase the fake to get the tackle for loss instead of playing their assignment and shutting snake oil salesman down. His offense is nothing but gimmicks hoping you haven't done your homework on ineligible receivers who are covered up and that out of shape referees will get winded and intimidated by him yelling at them to let his "offense" hurry up. Stay true, play your assignment and it's almost a given that they will sputter. No gains on first down will really stall them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Gather game plans from all the 1A high schools in Oklahoma, throw in some modified statue of liberty/fumbleroosky type chicanery and add a big bruising RB to the mix. I think someone here called Gus's offense the "crouching tiger, hidden quarterback" offense. Expect plenty of whining at the officials by Gus and even more linemen blocking downfield on RPO passes. If you lose, everything in the French Quarter will be covered in toilet paper by midnight and some moron in blue and orange will eventually light it on fire and blame the REC for the whole affair. If you win, everything in the French Quarter will be covered in toilet paper by 10 pm and some moron in blue and orange will eventually light it on fire and blame the REC for the whole affair.

Other than that, a pretty normal game ... :cool:

Some of the should be in blue I suppose out of respect for our friend AUDub. There are plenty of great people who happen to be Auburn fans (everybody has flaws right?) ... but I would look for them in the better establishments in the quarter where the drinks are expensive and the music is great. Just ask around for Tammy ... :biggrin:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
A lot of talent on the d line, Adams has one of the best first steps in college ball, but not the motor to be unstoppable. Even with an all world o line he's gonna make plays or be in position too.

The rest of the defense feeds off the pressure up front and can either be mediocre or surprisingly solid considering their lack of depth at lb and db.

Steele is a savy recruiter and position coach but we've seen his defenses get shaken quite often by an air raid o and elite qb.

On offense it's feast or famine depending on your defense. They can run, they can run an almost anyone (except bama) they will run nonstop basically 3 plays from one formation. But in the passing game they are tragic, their best qb is at best mediocre and has only decent scrambling ability which limits their offense. The back ups are basically up turned mops with buckets for heads.

They'll throw the kitchen sink at you, no matter how stupid and cumbersome that sink is (full back passes on 4th down)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
For a really good review of their roster position by position check out the auburn preview in the sticky threads. JessN is the most thorough and best anywhere

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Great thread! We haven't played them since 1971 which was also in the Sugar Bowl. We lost that decades "Game of the Century" to the Huskers and they went on to play you in the Orange Bowl. Our wishbone attack led by Jack Mildred and Gregg Pruitt blew Auburn out. Pat Sullivan was their QB.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If Sean White plays in the Bowl Game & your D takes away Auburn's short - mid range passing game, y'all can load the LOS, shutting down their running game & has already been pointed out their running game has been bit by the "Injury Bug"..I think The Sooners will win in a really good game..

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
Hello Owen, I haven't been here in a while.......the Sooners were on top of the football world when l last talked with you.As for the gusbussers watch for Mickey mouse plays and smacking sounds from chewing gum! Seriously though, they like to go fast after making a first down. Stop Pettway their running back and make them throw. Their best qb
didn't play against the tide and I'm not sure of his injury and not sure when he will return.
PS...first time I've been on here in a few years and I'm glad to see your still around,
. Take care, bobmack

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If Pettway can go and White is healthy, this is NOT the OU slam dunk some of y'all want to say. Auburn is NOT a 'bad' team - they're not Alabama, but they're going to the Sugar Bowl with a minimal offense and pretty decent defense. And OU notoriously is bad in bowl games in recent years, the Alabama Sugar Bowl notwithstanding. They've lost to Boise State, WVA, and been blown out twice by Clemson and once by ATM.

And those were GOOD Sooner teams. This one has a Swiss cheese defense, and I'm a firm believer in taking the better defense. I'd take Auburn straight up.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Great thread! We haven't played them since 1971 which was also in the Sugar Bowl. We lost that decades "Game of the Century" to the Huskers and they went on to play you in the Orange Bowl. Our wishbone attack led by Jack Mildred and Gregg Pruitt blew Auburn out. Pat Sullivan was their QB.

Thanks for reminding us of that Orange Bowl! Some of us still have nightmares about it.....................

Anyway: SNASS.

Their D isn't too shabby, and their O...............well, a lot of it depends if White plays or not. Ignore the "LOOK! SQUIRREL!" aspect of their plays. They do a lot of garbage, before the play, to distract from the fact they only have a handful of plays. Just with a lot of formations.

IOW: SNASS.

(See, not much has changed since '71, except that maybe they don't do as many chop blocks now.)

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
awberns best QB (white) is really a bit over rated and then there is Kerryon Johnson who lines up a lot in the wildcat and can and will burn mediocre defenses. Then there is Pettway their main RB and he will run over a subpar defense, he looks to be about 6'5" and 280 lbs. They should all be healthy by the time the Sugar Bowl rolls around so look for them to score about 45 points or more. Oh yeah, their field goal kicker is the best in college football and can hit from 50 yards out all day long. The Tiger defense is a lot better than average.
45 - 31 Awbern

P.S. Watch them when they make a 1st down, they will hustle back to the line and quick snap it but they will always run the same play that they made the 1st down with.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah their kicker. Whoo boy is he good. Inside 50 he's as close to automatic as you'll ever see and his range is astounding.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Good to hear from some of my old friends on this board. It's all going to come down to our D. Of course, we have to win Sat. first. Good luck the rest of the way. For what it's worth, TOSU is for real. I was at our game with them and they are probably the best opponent I've seen on Owen Field since the 1966 Fighting Irish.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.