Gripping Story of Joshua Jacobs

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
This is the problem Joshua Jacobs has - Bo Scarbrough is on the team.
Cool story. Can you pick out which on is which from the stats below?

ATT YDS AVG YDS/G
77 516 6.7 46.9
79 448 5.7 44.8

It's more like both of their problems are Damien Harris is on the team.

Harris:
ATT YDS AVG YDS/G
124 8.97 7.2 74.8

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Great article. I love reading about the players and their lives. Would be nice if someone could do an article once a week like this on each Bama player.
I agree because most of the young men and women who represent our university are solid people and students, but all we normally hear about are the ones who make stupid decision after stupid decision and probably shouldn't be there to begin with. I don't know why "dirty laundry" sells more than the good deeds of good people.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

ATT YDS AVG YDS/G
77 516 6.7 46.9
79 448 5.7 44.8

Harris:
ATT YDS AVG YDS/G
124 8.97 7.2 74.8
I think Harris is very under appreciated by many folks, but all three of those guys have made some great plays for us this year. Emmons was also making a few plays until he got injured. Spring ball should be interesting with the competition taking place between those guys. Of course, at Bama right now there is competition at nearly every single position.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is the problem Joshua Jacobs has - Bo Scarbrough is on the team. So I think of Scarbrough as the punishing runner and Jacobs as the "speed" runner.

I don't think I can convince the 6 Auburn defenders he carried at the end of his Iron Bowl run of that though. :)

Great story and I love watching this kid run every time he touches the ball.
It reminds me a little of Ingram and Richardson. Trent was eventually the punishing guy they didn't want to tackle (Bo) and Mark was the guy they literally couldn't tackle no matter how many guys ganged up (Jacobs). :cool2:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

ATT YDS AVG YDS/G
77 516 6.7 46.9
79 448 5.7 44.8

Harris:
ATT YDS AVG YDS/G
124 8.97 7.2 74.8
What?

I was making light of the fact that with a dude built like Scarbrough at the same position, I don't think of Jacobs as a "bruiser" like the article tags him. I've always thought of Jacobs as being the "speedier" of the two. Then I mentioned his carrying 6 Auburn defenders at the end of his long Iron Bowl run as a way of saying "maybe he's more of a bruiser than I think he is".

I don't know what Damien Harris has to do with any of that.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Somehow I missed this story. I sat by Josh's dad at the Arkansas game. I'm just so impressed by him! I had no idea his previous struggles. Holly Rowe was knocking herself out to get to him. Maybe they featured this story during the game. I just don't remember it. Roll Tide to the Jacobs. BTW, I did find out he prefers to be be called Josh. :cool:

MobileBama84

Scout Team
Aug 30, 2016
Daphne, AL
Wow, that was such a powerful story hearing the life struggles Josh and his family had to go through. His father is a true blessing for him to have and guide him in his life. I feel it was a work of God keeping him a hidden gem for Bama to have in the end. He will deservingly make the best of his life and I am glad as a Bama fan to be able to see it happen through the seasons to come.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Great story. I am a single father and I have to say I have a lot of respect for his dad. I have only one daughter and it's tough doing it all but worth every second can't imagine what he was going through. Josh is going to be a great one before he's done.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Thanks for the post,I have been pulling for this kid since I seen him run earlier in the season, I kept saying during the Auburn game when are we going to see the little guy get in Go Jcups.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
after reading his stats in high school in okla, and watching a couple of videos, I knew this young man was going to be quite a player and leader on our team. he has great moves, and a burst of speed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.