Gripping Story of Joshua Jacobs

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/...cle_5f807d02-b111-11e6-adfd-0b016f9f9b92.html

Life bruised Tide's Jacobs, so he bruises opposing defenses

The journey Josh Jacobs takes on every carry isn’t too different from the one he’s been making his entire life, full of unexpected cuts and turns.

At first look, his rapid rise from an unknown high school recruit to Alabama’s third-leading rusher appears to have occurred overnight. Temporarily homeless and hidden in the rougher parts of Tulsa, Okla., Jacobs’ assent is better measured by the three months he spent with his father and four siblings, bouncing from hotel to hotel in the sixth grade.

Jacobs’s bruising running style is a product of his turbulent childhood. The hits he received are what shaped him, each one molding him from a frustrated young boy to the leader he is today. Now described as one of the X-factors on the No. 1 team in the nation, the 5-foot-10, 204-pound freshman has proven he’s tough to bring down, no matter how many times life or any opposing defender has tried.

Last edited:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
They must have made a misprint on his size, on one of his runs I saw him carry what looked to be about 15 linebackers and tackles for at least 25 yards and would have went farther but one of the defensive players wrapped around his feet and tripped him.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I knew about his recruiting story but I didn't know about the rest. It makes me appreciate him and his father even more. This kid will probably become a leader on the team if he isn't already. Thanks for posting NT16!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Thanks for posting that & it's awesome he found "Home" in Alabama running wild against D's trying to stop him..He was tailor made to run the ball in our offense..

Just imagine a healthy offense. They were all banged up this season at some point. Jacobs, especially, was banged up as he was coming into his own. He's just now getting to where he is effective again. It's a good feeling with what we have coming up.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
This is the problem Joshua Jacobs has - Bo Scarbrough is on the team. So I think of Scarbrough as the punishing runner and Jacobs as the "speed" runner.

I don't think I can convince the 6 Auburn defenders he carried at the end of his Iron Bowl run of that though. :)

Great story and I love watching this kid run every time he touches the ball.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Great story of an impressive father mentoring his son. Sounds like the fruit didn't fall far from the tree. I'm thrilled Josh is wearing Crimson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
He sounds like the very type of kid you want on your team. His dad sounds like a great man and role model for Joshua to look up to. While I'm not the most religious person, I hope his faith in God stays strong. It seems to have helped his family stay focused on doing what's right. My admiration goes out to his dad. May all his family be blessed.
:BigA:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Great article. I love reading about the players and their lives. Would be nice if someone could do an article once a week like this on each Bama player.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Great story. Ty for posting. It seems every time he touches the ball he makes something happen.

RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.