Is this an element of greed, smart business or dumb business?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
We are trying to find a Hatchimal for one of my daughters, it's own her Santa list. It's driving us crazy trying to track one down. My wife went into Traget yesterday morning and saw a lady checking out with one, the last one. 5 minutes earlier and we may have had one. Makes me sick seeing people sell these from $150-$300 on third party sites. They retail for $59.99.

I'm having the same trouble finding the NES Classic. My adult kids are clamoring for one and they sell for $69. You can buy them on ebay for almost $300
I got one of those for my wife, ordered it the day it came out form Best Buy and it was immediately on backorder. 2 weeks later it finally showed up!

It's yours for $200! J/k Couldn't do that to my wife.

Now, trying to find a second controller for the thing has been harder then getting the actual NES Classic. FYI, if you do find one, the wire on the controller is only 2.5 feet long. They sell 6 and 10 foot extension cables on Amazon.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This reminds of Herbert Dow and the German chemical cartel.

Herbert Dow was selling bromides. He tried to sell in Britain, but a German cartel informed Dow that the British market belonged to them and ordered him to back off or they'd undersell him in the US and drive him from the market. Germans started selling bromine at a loss in the US to kill Dow's business.
Dow quickly plotted his strategy. He secretly began buying up German bromides on the US market for 12-15 cents/lb and then shipped them to Germany to be sold for about 27 cents/lb on the European market. The German cartel, which was bleeding money selling below cost, couldn't understand how Dow could still be in business. They cut their price to 12 cents/lb and then to 10.5 cents/lb. Dow was rolling in cash - and perhaps laughter - as he nearly doubled profits in this overseas arbitrage.
Markets are funny things.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm having the same trouble finding the NES Classic. My adult kids are clamoring for one and they sell for $69. You can buy them on ebay for almost $300
Nintendo refused to take pre-orders in America denying them the chance to better predict the demand for their manufacturing needs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.