Question: What if Clemson and Washington lose?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I believe that they would bump Colorado up and into the playoff. I think that they recognize the situation that they would create if they actually put 3 teams in from a single conference.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Since the committee is interested in getting the four best teams in the playoff I think they would have no problem putting 3 teams from one conference in there if they thought they were the best. Who they think are the best trumps who wins a conference.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
I believe that they would bump Colorado up and into the playoff. I think that they recognize the situation that they would create if they actually put 3 teams in from a single conference.
Yep, the brand-bias conspiracy would catch fire. Biggest controversy since the 2012 BCS rematch game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I just don't see 3 big 10 teams in there. 2 at the most. Colorado will get in if that happens or else you are going to start hearing the 6-8 team playoff rants.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I just don't see 3 big 10 teams in there. 2 at the most. Colorado will get in if that happens or else you are going to start hearing the 6-8 team playoff rants.
But if they put Colorado in you will hear Jim Harbaugh and the entire Michigan fanbase shouting " Hey, we beat Wisconsin , Penn State, AND Colorado."

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'd welcome three Big Ten teams in the playoffs. I haven't seen one B-10 team that could move the football with any consistency against Bama.
Of all the Big 10 teams Michigan is the only one that might concern me. They basically handed the game to Ohio State and that's just a fact.
But, that being said, I'd way rather play a Big 10 team than Clemson or Washington.
Don't matter anyway. We're going to beat whoever we have to. :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That could happen but would be highly controversial to put two B1G teams in there and leave out the champion, especially since both Wisconsin and Penn State are currently ranked ahead of Colorado.

FiveThirtyEight believes that the B1GCG winner and Colorado would jump Michigan.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That could happen but would be highly controversial to put two B1G teams in there and leave out the champion, especially since both Wisconsin and Penn State are currently ranked ahead of Colorado.
But Colorado would've beaten the #4 team at the end of the year.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This is just one of those weird years like when LSU went to the BCS with two losses. I think Bama, Clemson, a Big 10 team, and Washington should be in if Clemson and Washington win, but who knows what would be right if they lose. If they start comparing two loss teams, championships should matter and losses compared and major victories compared, which is what they will do I'm sure. Three teams from one conference would certainly seem exclusive, however, which is what the committee was supposed to prevent, I thought. I don't think any team with two losses has anything to complain about because it is just a crapshoot at that point.

fireater

All-SEC
Oct 12, 2008
Laramie, WY
OMG! Florida wins. VaTech wins Colorado wins. UWhiskey wins. Their are your four conference champs.. Where are the four best teams and where are many of the arguments?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It doesn't appear, based upon the current rankings, the committee has carried through with their earlier punishment of Washington for their terrible non-conference schedule. It doesn't do any good to send a message in week 10 and then ignore said message in week 14.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It doesn't appear, based upon the current rankings, the committee has carried through with their earlier punishment of Washington for their terrible non-conference schedule. It doesn't do any good to send a message in week 10 and then ignore said message in week 14.
Well, they are the lowest ranked 1 loss team, right?

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Should they be placed below a 2 loss team already? To me, they have set up the perfect scenario to leave them out even if they win the PAC

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well, they are the lowest ranked 1 loss team, right?
Where is the punishment in that? In is in. Back in week 10 they were undefeated, behind a 1 loss team, and kept outside of the top 4. What's changed? Certainly not the quality of their non-conference schedule.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Where is the punishment in that? In is in. Back in week 10 they were undefeated, behind a 1 loss team, and kept outside of the top 4. What's changed? Certainly not the quality of their non-conference schedule.
Worry not - they are about to lose game #2 and be out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.