No chance of Eddie returning for the playoffs huh?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Reason I'm asking, is because Bowl season is usually when teams see players return from injury a lot of the times. I haven't heard anything regarding Eddie returning, but I figured if we did, it will be in the coming weeks.

Do any of you see it as possible?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
From everything I've heard - both from Coach, and elsewhere, it ain't gonna happen.

Coach sounded unequivocal...

I just don't see it...

Plus, he's a senior.

Entering the draft....

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I don't remember seeing him this past weekend but pretty sure he was still on crutches during the UTC game. Given that, I don't see him returning by the first week in January.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It would be great to have him back just to field punts. Diggs scares me every time he fields one.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
he was rolling off the field after the barn game on one of those scooter things they use.
I wondered who that was. But, to be fair, it is a lot faster and easier to travel long distances on one of those than on crutches. Crutches suck.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
It would be great to have him back just to field punts. Diggs scares me every time he fields one.

Being that Diggs is a true freshman, I wonder if he will be returning punts in the playoff. He can make plays but he has made some mistakes as well. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Calvin Ridley back there. He's not been as involved in the passing game as he was last year- not his fault imo, and it could be a way to get him going.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
NO way Eddie will be back in for the playoff. He should have his cast off in two-three weeks and Then he has to get in game shape in time. So I don't think he'll play at all, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him dressed in the final game taking the last snap.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Done is Done.
I don't expect to see Eddie, other than on the sidelines.

The next time we see Eddie will likely be at camps for the pros.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I think he is done too. From what little detail I've read, I understand he needed surgery and hardware was used to fix the fracture. That being the case, he won't be game ready by the semi final or final but may be OK for the NFL physical, tryouts and interviews.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
When I first read the thread I thought the OP was talking about Lacy at Green Bay for the NFL play-offs like an idiot. I agree with everyone else that Eddie will not be back this year (either one of them). Just get ready for pro day and the combine Eddie.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.