Do any of you see any upsets this weekend?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I think the biggest chance for an upset, is Colorado over Washington.

Have any of you seen Va Tech play this season? Can they beat Clemson?

I don't see the Big 10 Championship being an upset. I think its a straight up 50/50 coin toss game personally.

What about Bedlam? Probably OU wins that game.

I don't see Florida having enough offense to beat us. Plus the rumors of coach leaving for Oregon. I think the SECCG is going to be a blowout and might be over by halftime.

Thoughts?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I think the biggest chance for an upset, is Colorado over Washington.

Have any of you seen Va Tech play this season? Can they beat Clemson?

I don't see the Big 10 Championship being an upset. I think its a straight up 50/50 coin toss game personally.

What about Bedlam? Probably OU wins that game.

I don't see Florida having enough offense to beat us. Plus the rumors of coach leaving for Oregon. I think the SECCG is going to be a blowout and might be over by halftime.

Thoughts?
MY VA TECH VS CLEMSON ANALYSIS

There is a chance for upset with VA Tech Vs Clemson.

I'm a surrogate Tech fan sine my wife's family all went there and I live in Virginia. When the defense doesn't completely collapse they are a potent team.

Their offense can put points on just about anybody with Fuente and their new hot-shot QB, and they have 3 excellent receivers...not long ago ALL 3 had 100 yd. games against Pitt. I think it was. Incredible.

The defense is boom or completely bust under Bud Foster with the current roster he's got. Very similar secondary play to our Bama team but without the same caliber athlete, though they do have a tradition of sending corners to the NFL. They play aggressive but with little depth along the D-line the motors wear thin. There is a chance for brilliance if the defense is mentally focused and the gameplan is good, just look at the game versus Ohio State in 2014. The defense is still capable of that.

The special teams can still play a little "Beamer Ball".

PREDICTION. This is going to be a shootout. Clemson's defense isn't as good as it was last year and this Tech team has improved markedly over the season. Tech's defense is going to have it's hands full with Watson and will fall prey to over-pursuit or trick plays. We could see a close score in the 30s to 40s from both teams. If Clemson is lax or flat for any reason and Tech minimizes mental lapses and comes out playing the way they want then absolutely they could win.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama is favored by more points than all 3 other favorites combined. You are that good, and the other games are that close.

My guesses:

Colorado beats Washington.
Clemson beats Va Tech
Sooners vs Cowboys - I have no idea who will win this basketball game
Alabama beats Florida so badly that you get to play backups in the 3rd quarter

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Alabama will murder Florida.

I think Clemson takes care of business against Va Tech. They have some athletes (especially on offense with three big receivers) and I like their QB. But they've been known to a lay eggs (they lost to friggin' Syracuse) and I don't trust that D. Clemson seems to have their act together and have no excuses at the moment.

I like Wisconsin over Penn State but that game could definitely go either way. I really think it depends on which QB is able to step up.

Oklahoma isn't gonna lose at home to OSU. They've owned Bedlam since Stoops got there and are at home.

I like Washington over Colorado but that's the other big upset possibility, and the one that could impact the playoff the most. Colorado has a very good, very underrated defense. I like the Huskies but I think it will be close.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
No telling what will happen with OK and OK Lite, so maybe. Stoops has a history of choking when it counts.

I think the line on Navy is only like +2.5 so that could happen, but it's not much of an upset. Otherwise, I generally think the favorites will win.

Florida tends to play over there heads with us. It's going to be a battle for a while. 4th qtr the back ups will come in!
Alabama is favored by more points than all 3 other favorites combined. You are that good, and the other games are that close.

My guesses:

Colorado beats Washington.
Clemson beats Va Tech
Sooners vs Cowboys - I have no idea who will win this basketball game
Alabama beats Florida so badly that you get to play backups in the 3rd quarter

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think its a real possibility that Colorado beats Washington. They've gotten better as the season has progressed and play pretty good defense.

Given the way Clemson has played down the level of its competition most of the season, I suppose VT could beat them. But I think the Pitt loss woke them up, so I don anticipate them losing.

Unless either team has magically learned to play defense, OU/Ok.St. will be won by whoever has the ball last.

Perhaps its my Crimson colored glasses, but I don't see any chance for Florida to beat Alabama.

Roll tears, roll.

I think its a real possibility that Colorado beats Washington. They've gotten better as the season has progressed and play pretty good defense.

Given the way Clemson has played down the level of its competition most of the season, I suppose VT could beat them. But I think the Pitt loss woke them up, so I don anticipate them losing.

Unless either team has magically learned to play defense, OU/Ok.St. will be won by whoever has the ball last.

Perhaps its my Crimson colored glasses, but I don't see any chance for Florida to beat Alabama.

Roll tears, roll.

Let's take a closer look at Clemson. Struggle to beat Auburn,m, Mighty Trojans from Troy, Alabama but they need a loss from NC State to wake them up? I see it is they are who they are. They should have like 4 losses right now.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.