Link: A Navy Win on Saturday Could "Paralyze" the Bowl System

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Don't know of anyone, including us Army guys, who think they will beat Navy. Just schedule the games, without taking the Army-Navy game into account.
Oh, I'm thinking there's a chance. There was a far better chance last year and the year before that (the awesome snow game in Pittsburgh) where army played up or navy played down.

Either way, go army beat navy.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
PITTSBURGH? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. (Army radio terminology.)

I think your grid coordinates are off. By about 300 miles, to the west.

Philthydelphia, is where it has been traditionally played.

The game was always a big deal, even for that horrible, dreadful place. I remember one year (when I was in an orphanage there), Navy had this young Ensign-to-be called Staubach..............

(Yes, it is horrible and dreadful. Where else would you find folks who boo Santa, and throw used batteries at him?)

Anyway: no, we are not going to win.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
Go Navy! Beat Army! I could care less if this game screws up some of the low level bowl games. There are too many of them as it is. I love college football, but the bowl games have gotten ridiculous. 6-6 Vandy against 5-7 Helen Keller U. Who cares unless you are a fan of either team? The amount of bowl games now played has cheapened college football!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The bowl system has been paralyzed for a long time now. Teams with a 5-7 record making a bowl game is an absolute joke. Going to a bowl game doesn't mean anything anymore.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
There is only one (or hopefully two) bowl games I will make it a point to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Don't know of anyone, including us Army guys, who think they will beat Navy. Just schedule the games, without taking the Army-Navy game into account.
This is why I don't make predictions...............I'm always wrong!

This one time I am glad to be wrong. 15 years of misery washed away.

(Of course, this was made before the Navy QB went down, last week. So, in a sense, my predictions still stink.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.