6M Americans have stopped paying their car loan

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I was lucky to grow up in a neighborhood where we all built hot rods. I gave my son-in-law a 96 work truck. I'd pull the motor and tranny about every 8 or 9 years and rework. It has around 500,000 miles on it and I'd drive it to Cali in a heartbeat. I have never worked in auto mechanics but got tired of 900.00 estimates for a 1hr job to replace a 30 dollar part. (common estimate for a blend door actuator) if the car owner is ignorant to what it does and where they are. Dealerships are called Stealerships for a reason.:mad2:

Not all cars are created equal, but many new cars use the same parts whether they are labeled Ford or GM.

Last edited:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I drive a 1994 F150 I bought with cash back in the day. It now has about 265,000 miles on it and I drive it 30 miles one way to work every day. My wife has been harping on a new one and I told her as soon as I save up the cash I will. She drives a 2012 Lincoln Navigator we paid for in 2 years. We did that because the youngest son turned 16 and the wage earners get the new ones at our house....

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
you bought an amazing car that is very difficult to find used and when you do they hold their value well. Keep it till the wheels fall off, which based on my experience with Subaru will be a long, long time and you will come out fine. Just make sure you maintain it and it will run forever. I sold my old Subaru GL wagon with 240K thousand miles on it and saw it driving around town for years afterwards. Still miss that car
I am enjoying it so far, but I've only put 4,700 miles on it. Ha. I'm not far from work so I don't drive many miles. The only issue is (I test drove a 2015 model because they didn't have any 2016 six cylinder engines for me to test drive) the steering is so stiff. They switched from an electric steering to hydraulic in the 2016 models or so I was told so that may be why I notice the steering so stiff. But that six cylinder engine, man, does it go. I have to be careful on the interstate. I'll be going 85 and it feel like I'm poking around.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.