Alabama odds vs. playoff contenders

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Colorado is underrated. They're one of the more balanced teams on that list, I'd take them getting 21.5, that's just an insane number.

Wisco has the caliber of defense you'd need to stay close but their offense would have a tough time getting a first down against Alabama, I think that would be a bloodbath.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Why the wide disparity in lines?
Not sure. I guess just a wide variety of opinions out there about how good Alabama is. One thing that's interesting is that Oklahoma gets a lot more love from the oddsmakers than they do from the CFP committee. The oddsmakers have Oklahoma rated about as good as Clemson.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Colorado is underrated. They're one of the more balanced teams on that list, I'd take them getting 21.5, that's just an insane number.
I would, too. Most people don't remember this, but they were leading Michigan in the second half. Their QB got hurt and missed the rest of the game. I still think that Michigan wins, but they were very competitive until their QB had to sit.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Not sure. I guess just a wide variety of opinions out there about how good Alabama is. One thing that's interesting is that Oklahoma gets a lot more love from the oddsmakers than they do from the CFP committee. The oddsmakers have Oklahoma rated about as good as Clemson.
I think the oddsmakers just know the average better loves offense and the Sooners would attract more action. I think anyone in the know thinks Oklahoma's defense would get ravaged by any of these playoff teams.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I would, too. Most people don't remember this, but they were leading Michigan in the second half. Their QB got hurt and missed the rest of the game. I still think that Michigan wins, but they were very competitive until their QB had to sit.
Yep. He missed the USC game too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.