Jalen Hurts: The Mystery Man of Alabama (by Lars Anderson)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Hurts had reason to be flustered again two weeks later when his true freshman right tackle blew an assignment. An Ole Miss defensive end annihilated Hurts, sacking him and causing a fumble the Rebels ran back for a touchdown. The score put Alabama down 24-3.
Am I wrong or was this wrong? I was thinking it was Cam that blew the block and not Jonah Williams? I could have swore the fumble was a blindside hit. RT is NOT his blindside.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Am I wrong or was this wrong? I was thinking it was Cam that blew the block and not Jonah Williams? I could have swore the fumble was a blindside hit. RT is NOT his blindside.
It was Jonah's side, though it looks like whoever was at right guards supposed to pull and got there late. Hurts was looking to his left and didn't see the rush. Hit him smack in the face, literally.

Found a video:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This young man has that look on his face at times like he doesn't care about things one way or the other. It really is impressive if he has a burning desire to improve and be the best person and player he can be while still keeping that calm look and demeanor. He sounds like an outstanding young man, and he has certainly represented our university well this year both on and off the field. Kudos to him and his family.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
A very good look at Jalen with lots of good background info. A great way to start the day, if you haven't read it already, treat yourself.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
This kid is truly a role model for young athletes. We have so many kids around here who think they are the bomb dot com and refuse to be coached. It is very frustrating for a coach and teammate to deal with players like that. Jalen is the exact opposite. He is a true team player, always looking for ways to get better. He has more sports maturity at the wee age of 18 then 90% of the players in the NFL. I can't wait to watch him for the next couple of decades!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.