News Article: Jim Harbaugh & Bitterly Disappointed Michigan

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Harbaugh was in North Alabama yesterday, presumably recruiting. He was at Florence High School. Not that it is relevant to this conversation but I just wanted to mention it. :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It should be interesting to see how Harbaugh's tenure at Michigan plays out. It sure will make for some great tv for outsiders to watch he and Meyer go at it each year, both on and off the field.
He's Bo Jr. He will win lots of games, an occasional B1G Championship, and zero National Championships.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Jim Harbaugh & Bitterly Disappointed Michigan

The Michigan football team loses 43 seniors this year. We'll see what kind of a coach he is next year.
That seems like an unbelievable number - so I went to their website and counted. I only came up with 40, but still WOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Wow. Hard to believe that's not going to have an effect - that's half their scholarships!
Well maybe & maybe not. There is no indication of which of those are on scholarship. 16 are listed as 5th year Sr and 24 are listed as Sr. It is possible that some of those listed as Sr may have been there 4 years but still have a year of eligibility.

Last edited:

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
All depends on whether he can win anything or not. So far, in six years a CFB HC, he has never even won his own division, much less a conference or national title...
So you're saying he really is following in the footsteps of Bo Schembechler?

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He's Bo Jr. He will win lots of games, an occasional B1G Championship, and zero National Championships.

Which Michigan, the most overrated "blue blood" program outside of Texas, will just fine with. They will look down their noses at the rest of the country because we just don't get what it means to be a "Michigan Man."

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Something needs to be done about Peppers. A one game suspension and no awards at least.
I haven't read all of the thread, so I don't know what replies have been made to this, but I have to disagree.

An OSU fan, who had no business being on the field, got into an opposing player's face, yelled at him, and - from what I can tell in the video clip - may have very well initiated the contact. In my opinion, Peppers shoving him is a natural, self-defense reaction.

If any repercussions should occur because of that incident, they should be directed at the fan.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
"A lot of this talk is coming from our enemies," Harbaugh said. "They like to tell that to the recruits and to their families and try to manipulate them into going to some other school besides Michigan, but we know them as jive turkeys."
I can see why Harbaugh is down with the kids today.

I get the "us against the world" thing, but the level of paranoia in the language coming from Michigan seems pretty over the top. I don't see how that sort of generalized isolationism is an effective long-term strategy.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-jim-harbaugh-tells-players-ignore-nfl-rumors

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Harbaugh 0-2 vs. Meyer. If he's 0-3 after next season some Michigan people may begin to question if he's the right guy for the job.
When they lose next year, they definitely will start to question him. UM is looking at a down year again with the loss of talent they are about to have. They may give him 4 years ... but they are only going to go so ling with a losing record to OSU and not making a playoff birth.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
To me, Michigan and Harbaugh both deserve one another. Other than once in the last 50 yrs, when have either ever put anything significant in the trophy case?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This was a tweet from Harbaugh back in February directed at Saban IRT the discussions about satellite camps. You should take your own advice Jim..

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

Harbaugh 0-2 vs. Meyer. If he's 0-3 after next season some Michigan people may begin to question if he's the right guy for the job.
TBF to UM, in Columbus a first down is apparently 9.5 yards for osu.There was another mystic call towards the end against UM. UM had that game in the bag. osu won with a lot of help at the end.

At this point harbaugh needs to let it go. Then again all harbaughs like to whine like babies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.