News Article: Jim Harbaugh & Bitterly Disappointed Michigan

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Harbaugh has burned bridges wherever he has been, and you just hoped for all the world that he’d learned a lesson and would be a better citizen in college.

Sad to say, so far that’s not happening, and it’s hard to really see the guy changing what his character is.

And can we quit giving the guy credit for what he’s not? No, not every single move Harbuagh pulls is calculated like a genius that somehow has secrets provided to him by life beyond this planet of ours. No, instead, Harbaugh is an emotional and impulsive guy that gets a lot right with creativity, but that far too often let’s the heat of the moment get in the way of the big picture.

Despite it all, Michigan is standing by its guy. Silently, but sternly. That probably says more than any statement or memo that could ever be released.

Deadly silent.
http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/harrison-jim-harbaugh-bitterly-disappointed-michigan

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've enjoyed disliking Urban Meyer for a long time now...but much to my surprise I found myself pulling for his team against Michigan because Harbaugh is such a jerk.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Something not right about those people up there ;-) .... Harbaugh (obviously -- you let the fans do the complaining about the refs -- I swear Harbaugh acts like he's 16) and OSU fans rushing the field -- Ole Miss fans are one thing but you guys have definitely been there before. I kinda don't blame Peppers for pushing the Buckeye fan *if* he got in his face. When it's over, it's a game. We all love to win but you gotta be smart.

“I have tried to teach them to show class, to have pride, and to display character. I think football, winning games, takes care of itself if you do that.” - Coach Bryant

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Something needs to be done about Peppers. A one game suspension and no awards at least.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No love lost on either Michigan or Harbaugh from our household. They deserve one another. Just be aware that the author is a Buckeye.

Peppers is a great player. I believe that the shove was out of character for him, and he later apologized. Peppers is not Harbaugh. (now I need to go take a shower)

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
It should be interesting to see how Harbaugh's tenure at Michigan plays out. It sure will make for some great tv for outsiders to watch he and Meyer go at it each year, both on and off the field.
He'll go back to the NFL in less than 3 years. Only so many bullets the admin can take before the blood loss and weight from the lead wears 'em down. Even the meechikin faithful will grow weary of it some point.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He'll go back to the NFL in less than 3 years. Only so many bullets the admin can take before the blood loss and weight from the lead wears 'em down. Even the meechikin faithful will grow weary of it some point.
All depends on whether he can win anything or not. So far, in six years a CFB HC, he has never even won his own division, much less a conference or national title...

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
All depends on whether he can win anything or not. So far, in six years a CFB HC, he has never even won his own division, much less a conference or national title...
Agreed. And I'm not sold on him as a HC in the NFL. He'd be better suited as a coordinator IMO but his ego won't let him prosper at that either. He'll "jab" someone then get a "right cross". But someone will eventually take a risk on him. Prolly Cleveland.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't think he has the discipline to consistently beat Meyer. I think Harbaugh is a good coach but he is a hothead on the sidelines and the tighter the game gets the hotter his head gets. Which isn't a good recipe for success, especially in tight games.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Agreed. And I'm not sold on him as a HC in the NFL. He'd be better suited as a coordinator IMO but his ego won't let him prosper at that either. He'll "jab" someone then get a "right cross". But someone will eventually take a risk on him. Prolly Cleveland.
Nothing else has worked for them so why not take a chance with Hairball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Urban Myth at OSU and Baabaa at Meechigan remind me of the two managers at Manchester City and Manchester United in the EPL, Jose Morinho would be the BaaBaa as he constantly gets fined by the FA and sent to sit in the stands by the ref for disparaging remarks. Urban Myth is a better coach and tactitian like Pep Guardiola is for Man City. The only difference being is that I really like Pep Guardiola but can't stand Urban Myth after he left Florida high and dry with little talent for the new coach to follow him.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If I were a sports reporter from Michigan, I would ask Harbaugh...

"When you go to a recruit's house with the intention to sleep over, do you bring your own pajamas or do you borrow some from the people you are visiting, or just exactly how do you handle this?"

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
I thought the entire time I was reading that this article sounded like an Ohio State fan who knows the days of pushing Michigan around are gone. Then I saw in the comments that the author indeed pulls for the Buckeyes. He's right, Harbough is wrong, but still, he was a little too gung-ho about taking the opportunity to point out the guy's flaws.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.