Jalen Hurts: Full Senior Year Highlights at Channelview Texas

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I bet Texas, A&M, Baylor and TCU are wondering how in the hell they let Hurts get away from the Lone Star State. Was he not heavily recruited by Texas schools?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Impressive...brings up a question: "Is he a running back who can throw adequately or a QB who can run?" I opt for the former...
When most people ask that question, they are complimenting the running ability of the QB. Hurts truly has all the moves of a RB, which is very rare in QBs. He also has the size and strength of a RB, which you almost never see, even among scrambling QBs. Among RBs who can throw, he is one of the most gifted that I have ever seen.

That said, among QBs that can run, he still has work to do. He allows himself to be flushed from the pocket too often when it really isn't necessary. He rarely moves around within the pocket to buy more time for a pass, opting instead to leave the pocket. This is a problem because that 1-2 second delay essentially destroys all of the routes designed for that play. His only pass options then become to receivers who see him scrambling and look to find a way to get open in a place that he would be able to throw to on the run.

I know that Alabama has been working with Hurts on this. Against MSU, with almost no pass rush, he had a great game and stayed in the pocket. Can/will he do that against Florida this weekend? How about in the playoffs?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.