Who is our biggest threat out of the playoff hopefuls?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Clemson if we play them first because they will outnumber us tremendously with proximity, current ticket prices, and Bama fans saving for Tampa. So it will practically be a road game for us, and Watson is far and away the scariest one player that we could face.

But if we don't then I think tOSU because they are the best team outside of Bama. I think playing Clemson in Tampa is a lot different than playing them in Atlanta.
i think we will destroy clemson if we meet them again in the playoffs. we do pretty well the second time facing qb's that give us fits. and i don't think location will have anything to do with it.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The fans of any of the potential play off teams have all asked to "Bring on Bama". So who is up first? I don't really care as I truly believe CNS has the horses to defeat any of the potential adversaries. So bring 'em on.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm going Clemson if they make it in. I like OSU but their offense is a lil down this year compared to last. I'm thinking the formula for beating us this year is having a team that can outscore us . You just can't beat us in a defensive struggle-type game. Clemson is the only team out of the group that has the potential to put up points like we can. Either way it goes, I think the only time we will face each other if we both make it to the final game. I don't think we will play them in the first round.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm going Clemson if they make it in. I like OSU but their offense is a lil down this year compared to last. I'm thinking the formula for beating us this year is having a team that can outscore us . You just can't beat us in a defensive struggle-type game. Clemson is the only team out of the group that has the potential to put up points like we can. Either way it goes, I think the only time we will face each other if we both make it to the final game. I don't think we will play them in the first round.
We scored more than Clemson this year, and against much better defenses.

Just sayin'

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ohio State few years ago. We made many mistakes that was self-inflicted with 5 turnovers. WE don't do that, we win game easily.
I think you're confusing (conflating) the five turnover Oklahoma Sugar Bowl with the three turnover Sugar Bowl versus Ohio State. Those hurt and so did our failure to stop their running gamee.

Clemson- We didn't do very good job of game planning for Clemson. It showed with Kirby and his distractions.
This year, we will be prepared.
Yeah, Kirby was so distracted we played awful against Michigan State, too, especially the defense.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm going Clemson if they make it in. I like OSU but their offense is a lil down this year compared to last.
Ohio State is averaging more ppg on offense than Clemson or Alabama. Last year the Buckeyes averaged 35.6 ppg. How can anyone say their offense is down compared to last year?

I'm thinking the formula for beating us this year is having a team that can outscore us . You just can't beat us in a defensive struggle-type game. Clemson is the only team out of the group that has the potential to put up points like we can. Either way it goes, I think the only time we will face each other if we both make it to the final game. I don't think we will play them in the first round.
I suspect we play Ohio State, and it ain't gonna be easy.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Ohio State is averaging more ppg on offense than Clemson or Alabama. Last year the Buckeyes averaged 35.6 ppg. How can anyone say their offense is down compared to last year?

I suspect we play Ohio State, and it ain't gonna be easy.
Yes, OSU is the toughest...CU's offensive line and defense is not as good. I hope we play UW and then the winner of OSU/CU. Amazing that we could win this thing again...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.