News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a HC job (all Kiffin posts here, please)

Not anything to make of it.

Plus, that chick got what she deserved.

[emoji208]Sent from my iPhone [emoji336]using Tapatalk Pro
I guess I missed the details of this story. Was this the guy who was on video sitting at a bar with a woman then all of a sudden two pieced her in the face? The only thing I remember from that was he claimed she drop a racial slur on him. Not sure if that merits a man punching a woman in the face.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a HC job (all Kiffin posts here, please)

I guess I missed the details of this story. Was this the guy who was on video sitting at a bar with a woman then all of a sudden two pieced her in the face? The only thing I remember from that was he claimed she drop a racial slur on him. Not sure if that merits a man punching a woman in the face.
And he was 19 at the time...in a bar. I'm sure the bar doesn't want that publicity either and paid off the woman.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I read on ESPN that the FAU AD and President met with that new QB last week or week prior and agreed to let him come play there before Lane was even hired.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Quite honestly, I feel if he's paid his "time", met all legal requirements, and apologized to the victim (it seems all this has happened) then I don't see the big deal about this. I do not condone violence much less violence against women, but do we now just remove any and all opportunities from someone who made a bad choice? I would have him on a short leash, though. Second chances don't come around often and usually with stipulations.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

It will be interesting to see what kind of players Lane recruits for next year. I noticed FAU's first two games are v Navy and then Wisconsin. Wonder if Saban will schedule a game with FAU in the next few years before Lane leaves for another job.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
New sports reporter at WSFA is from Florida and talked to a source at FAU. Said Kiffin was interested in the job opening 3 years ago. Guess he really needed the rehab with Saban.
Right after Saban hired him, Lane expressed gratitude and said that his "phone wasn't ringing." :rolleyes:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Unless she kicked him in the netherlands just prior, then no.
Everybody has their breaking point. I would like to say that a racial slur does not constitute his actions but I am white. I did not have to deal with what he dealt with growing up. Now who here thinks that this qb is a good find for FAU. Are they not more of a 2-3 star program? We had a long discussion when Mcelwain was hired at UF about whether we woukd support him. I think that Kiffin's success helps CNS in hiring a future OC, so I want him to be successful. As long as FAU remembers they are still just FAU

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Everybody has their breaking point. I would like to say that a racial slur does not constitute his actions but I am white. I did not have to deal with what he dealt with growing up. Now who here thinks that this qb is a good find for FAU. Are they not more of a 2-3 star program? We had a long discussion when Mcelwain was hired at UF about whether we woukd support him. I think that Kiffin's success helps CNS in hiring a future OC, so I want him to be successful. As long as FAU remembers they are still just FAU
Let's just separate the football discussion portion from the punching a girl in the face portion for purposes of my response to the comment that she deserved it. And no, even if she used a racial slur she did not "deserve" a sucker punch in the face. A scolding? Probably? Public humiliation? Sure. Tangible violence of any kind? No. Period. Legally or morally, what he did to her was wrong even if she wronged him first. You don't get to make up your own rules for any reason, including your race. I'll stop there before this gets kicked to non-sports. I'm done with that part of the discussion.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Let's just separate the football discussion portion from the punching a girl in the face portion for purposes of my response to the comment that she deserved it. And no, even if she used a racial slur she did not "deserve" a sucker punch in the face. A scolding? Probably? Public humiliation? Sure. Tangible violence of any kind? No. Period. Legally or morally, what he did to her was wrong even if she wronged him first. You don't get to make up your own rules for any reason, including your race. I'll stop there before this gets kicked to non-sports. I'm done with that part of the discussion.
Well I think we could have a discussion about hitting a lady for days. I will never do it if I can possibly avoid it. My post was more aimed at the no love for Kiffin but so much love for Mcelwain

Unless she kicked him in the netherlands just prior, then no.
You aren't going to get in my face and hit me, I don't care who you are. There are consequences for all actions. But feminism. At least he's landing on his feet.

Sorry bro, but a chick never deserves that!!!!
Well, if you get shot by a chick then I'll just say she doesn't deserve anything because she's a chick.

That just teaches them to be irresponsible. You can't put up with it, I will not. I will gladly treat you like a lady if can act like one. Ladies know restraint she did not.

This is the one where she hit him in the face and then he gave her the two piece and a biscuit.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL

Well, if you get shot by a chick then I'll just say she doesn't deserve anything because she's a chick.

That just teaches them to be irresponsible. You can't put up with it, I will not. I will gladly treat you like a lady if can act like one. Ladies know restraint she did not.

so you just got to keep those chicks in their place, huh? ridiculous

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

as long as those ladies behave proper like, they don't have anything to worry about :rolleyes:

as long as those ladies behave proper like, they don't have anything to worry about :rolleyes:
Well, it's the same thing for men. So, what I gather from what some of you are saying it's quite alright that women can go around punching people in the face with no repercussions?

so you just got to keep those chicks in their place, huh? ridiculous

So, it's quite alright for men not to protect themselves against women because they are women?
I guess the men who died because they didn't do that died with honor. Well, not really.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.