News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Do you think a disgruntled kiffin may have called Dabo?
I seriously doubt this. He's still under contract until next month and it would amaze me if it weren't covered in his contract. Even if he were willing to breach it, Dabo wouldn't get into the middle of that...

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I seriously doubt this. He's still under contract until next month and it would amaze me if it weren't covered in his contract. Even if he were willing to breach it, Dabo wouldn't get into the middle of that...
I thought the same thing when I read that. Even though he may not be a consultant "officially", who knows if he will do something like talk with the Clemson coaches off the record, just to get back at Saban ( IF something bad really did happen between them). I would like to think he would not stoop that low, but who knows. I try to think about the positive things in people, but have also been burned a few times. I assume Dabo, his coaches, and Lane are not that dumb/risky/win at all costs with their mentality.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Kiffin contacted Clemson in an effort to help them prepare for Alabama, it would create a scandal like the BlackSox 100 years ago. It would destroy the careers of everyone involved and greatly harm the sport.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If Kiffin contacted Clemson in an effort to help them prepare for Alabama, it would create a scandal like the BlackSox 100 years ago. It would destroy the careers of everyone involved and greatly harm the sport.
I agree. I dismissed it as soon as I heard it. Kiffin can be guilty of wildly bad judgement, but it's generally associated with acting on impulses caused by his addictions. However, I can't see his making such a calculated move which would cost his career, if found out. I think the most we'll see in retaliation is petty sniping like he did in the SI interview. His being removed was no surprise and he knows exactly why he was removed. He should have been removed and he knows it. But he's no absolute fool...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Dabo and Saban are Lake Burton buddies right? Pretty sure they respect each other enough for Dabo to not even approach that.
Correct. Also, Saban tried twice to hire Dabo when he was still an assistant. At that time, Dabo didn't want the hours and said he wanted some left over for family. I wonder if he's been able to maintain that as a HC... :D

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I've always had a deep unease about people who continually refer to themselves in the third person. I laughed out loud when I read the bit about his social life being cramped in T-Town because of his high profile...
Yeah we never see stars in Tusc. Never see players, former players, the heavyweight champion nope, never. Never see them at church, out eating, shopping, at the movies. Nope, we're just a bunch of backwards, BBQ eating rednecks waiting for the next BOGO sale on Ammo. What a tool! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah we never see stars in Tusc. Never see players, former players, the heavyweight champion nope, never. Never see them at church, out eating, shopping, at the movies. Nope, we're just a bunch of backwards, BBQ eating rednecks waiting for the next BOGO sale on Ammo. What a tool! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I knew you Tuscaloosa residents would get a laugh out of his "cramped social life." He was talking to reporter from out of the area, so he knew it would sell...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There are so many bars and clubs in Tuscaloosa that I have been here for over a decade and I still haven't stepped in all of them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There are so many bars and clubs in Tuscaloosa that I have been here for over a decade and I still haven't stepped in all of them.
His remark about having no nightlife because of his high profile was ridiculous. Even the press knew he was out every night, hitting on coeds. When he'd miss out on that, it'd be whatever female he could talk into bed, regardless of the cost, which turned out to be exorbitant...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean, I get it...Miami is one of the top-tier club towns in the country. Compared to Miami, Tuscaloosa's night life is tame.

Per capita though, Tuscaloosa has way more nightlife than you'd expect for a city of this size and the city is getting better at bring entertainers into town since the amphitheater was opened. I spent six months in Augusta back in 2011. Augusta is twice the size population-wise of Tuscaloosa but has less of a nightlife scene than Tuscaloosa.

Furthermore, we all know he got around while in town...maybe he wore out his welcome at a few too many places by year 3?

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Even if Kiffin harbors ill-will toward Saban, I doubt he does toward the players. For their sake I don't think he'd do anything to sabotage this for them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I mean, I get it...Miami is one of the top-tier club towns in the country. Compared to Miami, Tuscaloosa's night life is tame.

Per capita though, Tuscaloosa has way more nightlife than you'd expect for a city of this size and the city is getting better at bring entertainers into town since the amphitheater was opened. I spent six months in Augusta back in 2011. Augusta is twice the size population-wise of Tuscaloosa but has less of a nightlife scene than Tuscaloosa.

Furthermore, we all know he got around while in town...maybe he wore out his welcome at a few too many places by year 3?
He'd worn out his welcome, all right, mainly with Saban...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Depends on what you think happened in Tuscaloosa from 1997-2000. I lived there during that time and stand by what I have discussed here in the past.
Long time ago, though. Don't know how much Dabo was directly involved in shenanigans, but either way maybe he's learned/matured. Sure hope so for his sake.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.