News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a head coaching job

I don't want to have the details posted, but a couple of the episodes were clearly outlandish and they were true. Unless there's another hairpin turn, like last year, he's terminated Sunday. However, we'll see and we'll see what happens next. I still doubt anyone wants to take a chance on him as a HC. However, I've been wrong before...
I've read your comments on Kiffin for the last couple of years and they always leave me pondering what happened at USC. What Haden had seen or put up with, and what he confronted Lane with at LAX. This has seemingly less drama than being left at LAX, but the idea that a playoff bound team would fire its freshmanQB-whisperer OC right before the playoffs is equally shocking.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

A couple of his escapades at UT are deemed 'too crazy to believe' as well.

I know nothing about her as a person; but, from a purely physical standpoint, take one look at his ex-wife and you realize he's got a problem if he needs to troll bars.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL

As far as I'm concerned LK can move on down the road. Alabama football dosen't need THIS kind of attention, with all the bar hopping rumors and attempts to pick up college girls under an assumed name. This is not what Bama football is about, it's about winning, not rumors about who assistant coaches have slept with. This is the type of behavior that has a negative affect on very impressionable young players who look up to there coaches.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I don't want to have the details posted, but a couple of the episodes were clearly outlandish and they were true. Unless there's another hairpin turn, like last year, he's terminated Sunday. However, we'll see and we'll see what happens next. I still doubt anyone wants to take a chance on him as a HC. However, I've been wrong before...
And the presidents of these schools know about these things. It seems that CNS is the reason he has had the chance to rehabilitate his image as HC candidate who has matured and learned from his mistakes. I'm thinking he squandered that chance. I know I wouldn't take the chance when you are hiring the face of the program and spending millions on an adult who seemingly never acts like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

CLK is obviously a talented man. It just makes one shake one`s head when you see someone who apparently and so obviously gets in their own way.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

As far as I'm concerned LK can move on down the road. Alabama football dosen't need THIS kind of attention, with all the bar hopping rumors and attempts to pick up college girls under an assumed name. This is not what Bama football is about, it's about winning, not rumors about who assistant coaches have slept with. This is the type of behavior that has a negative affect on very impressionable young players who look up to there coaches.
I'm starting to wonder why this is such a revelation to many of you because this has been news for 2 years now. Go to any rivals board in the last year and see the punchline reference. Those rumors haven't died since the ole miss game, but many other crazy ones have

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm starting to wonder why this is such a revelation to many of you because this has been news for 2 years now. Go to any rivals board in the last year and see the punchline reference. Those rumors haven't died since the ole miss game, but many other crazy ones have
I was wondering the same.. and I mean no disrespect to anyone reading this, but no one can't be that clueless not knowing what he did at UT, Oakland and USC....

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

I was wondering the same.. and I mean no disrespect to anyone reading this, but no one can't be that clueless not knowing what he did at UT, Oakland and USC....
I am, but then again, I didn't bother to go reading about any of those situations. I file that under SEP, someone else's problem. This thread is honestly the first time I've ever read the name Joey Freshwater.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

It seems odd to read about so many people objecting to having a blatant womanizer in an important job like OC.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I am, but then again, I didn't bother to go reading about any of those situations. I file that under SEP, someone else's problem. This thread is honestly the first time I've ever read the name Joey Freshwater.
This rumor came to this site throughout the time period between ole miss and UGA week last year. HSV, if I remember correctly, put a stop to it because some of the content.

But the point is the freshwater thing is nothing new.

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Mine to, curse of getting all my information from this board I guess. Been his biggest fan from day 1. If all this stuff is true conflicted on how I feel about him now.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

This rumor came to this site throughout the time period between ole miss and UGA week last year. HSV, if I remember correctly, put a stop to it because some of the content.

But the point is the freshwater thing is nothing new.
I didn't say it wasn't new. I was responding to the comment that, "but no one can't be that clueless not knowing...."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

It seems odd to read about so many people objecting to have a blatant womanizer in an important job like OC.
If you meant "not objecting" then I think you should turn your guns at CNS as well. Keep in mind these rumors came out last year and CNS still retained him.

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA

I know nothing about her as a person; but, from a purely physical standpoint, take one look at his ex-wife and you realize he's got a problem if he needs to troll bars.
The thing about people with that issue is it doesn't seem to matter at all who they have at home. There are numerous examples of this Tiger Woods' former wife is extremely attractive, most of the other women were not, but that had no impact on his behavior. My opinion, Seal was way out of his league with Heidi Klum, but he engaged in the same behavior. Billy Joel, Christie Brinkley, same thing. Countless other examples. I'm not sure if it's a sickness or just a character flaw.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I was only a fan of his recruiting/playcalling possibilities, but his actions (even the Twitter stuff, as funny as they may be) point to an immaturity issue that he has not resolved. My thing on rumors is that 90% of the time, there is some credence to the rumor. I also look at the success and evolution of the Alabama offense under CNS, and I trust that if he decides there is a need to make a change, he'll make that change, and the long-term effect of that change will be generally positive. I hate the timing, but if even Earle believes that as things stand right now that Kiffin is gone after tomorrow's game, then it shall happen, and CNS will be able to manage the transition. Kiffin and Sark come from the same Norm Chow-coaching tree in terms of offensive philosophies so I can't imagine that the transition will be all that difficult if it should come to pass.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

If you meant "not objecting" then I think you should turn your guns at CNS as well. Keep in mind these rumors came out last year and CNS still retained him.
I meant what I posted. I'm not trying to turn any guns towards anybody. Today is the first day I've ever heard of Joey Freshwater.

I agree with what seems to be the consensus of the board...the OC ought to act in an appropriate manner. I would greatly prefer that blatant womanizers not hold important jobs.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Folks every OC we've had since 2008 has won a national title and have been replaced by someone who won a national title (except Kiffin) With the QB, backs, lineman, and receivers we've got coming back, I might could be OC myself.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Folks every OC we've had since 2008 has won a national title and have been replaced by someone who won a national title (except Kiffin) With the QB, backs, lineman, and receivers we've got coming back, I might could be OC myself.
OTOH, people that are excellent at their jobs, often make those jobs look easy. It's sort of like being an offensive lineman. People only notice you when you're not doing your job well.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012

I meant what I posted. I'm not trying to turn any guns towards anybody. Today is the first day I've ever heard of Joey Freshwater.

I agree with what seems to be the consensus of the board...the OC ought to act in an appropriate manner. I would greatly prefer that blatant womanizers not hold important jobs.
I hadn't heard any of this prior to today, but I get my Bama news from TF where the Zero Rumors policy is written in stone :cool2:. Putting someone this reckless on the recruiting trail is a disaster waiting to happen, if it hasn't happened already.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Yesterday was my first time to ever hear of Joey Freshwater. I don't know if the rumors are true but if so I would expect CNS to handle the problem. If not true, we should wait to pass judgement. Don't make it a problem if it's not a problem.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.