News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a head coaching job

Let me clarify...I will gladly defer to whatever Saban decides about Kiffin. He knows the inside story, we don't. I'm most interested in winning games, and that seems to be Saban's specialty. With or without Kiffin.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Just run the ball [emoji458][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Mine to, curse of getting all my information from this board I guess. Been his biggest fan from day 1. If all this stuff is true conflicted on how I feel about him now.
I am kind of the same way. I had never heard of Joey Freshwater or any other rumors until I read this thread a few minutes ago.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I don't want to have the details posted, but a couple of the episodes were clearly outlandish and they were true. Unless there's another hairpin turn, like last year, he's terminated Sunday. However, we'll see and we'll see what happens next. I still doubt anyone wants to take a chance on him as a HC. However, I've been wrong before...
You answered my question. I wondered if he had the option to return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

If you meant "not objecting" then I think you should turn your guns at CNS as well. Keep in mind these rumors came out last year and CNS still retained him.
I'm hearing Ms. Terry laid down the law on Lane. If true, that would be interesting. I've heard on several occasions she's inserted herself or better yet overruled her husband.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I do not visit other team's fan sites and only get my information from TFs. I would not believe anything posted on those sites whether it were true or not. Whatever happens, happens.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

You know, I appreciate what CLK has done as an offensive coordinator in his time at Alabama. He does leave me scratching my head at times but results are what they are.

As a human being he leaves a lot to be desired (and for the record I have said this before on more than one occasion). Given the circumstances, if he is let go after tomorrow I will not cry any tears for him and if he does go to LSU then I have no doubt that Alabama will continue it's dominance over the Bengal tiggers because the lack of control over him at LSU will transfer over to the players and hence will show up on the field.

CLK: It is really within your best interests to seek some kind of professional help and get your life together before you become just another disgruntled overgrown child who can't understand why you can't get a credible job.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

In my opinion, if Kiffin has been fired after Saturday's game, with the two most important games yet to be played...something outrageous must have happened fairly recently.

On the other hand, if Kiffin jumps ship to LSU when he could have stayed in Tuscaloosa, then Bama fans would naturally prefer to think Kiffin was fired rather than him leaving because he's ready to move on.

I'm a low info fan, I don't get all the rumors and inside stuff. Like many here, I never heard of "Joey" before today. I've been pleased at how Kiffin has brought along the qbs he's coached while at Bama. Since Saban hired Kiffin when nobody else would, my first thought is Kiffin owes Saban some loyalty rather than take the same job at LSU. But then here comes Joey.

So I bet I'm like most people reading here...at a complete loss as to know what to hope for as far as Kiffin goes. But after watching how Saban has replaced Kirby Smart (and all the other coaching changes we've had), I feel good about Bama's chances with or without Kiffin.

And to put it in plain language, if Kiffin leaves for LSU, I don't know whether I'd be glad or sad. I may never know exactly what happened.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

The question I have is if we think he is getting fired Sunday, would he do a good job of calling the game Saturday? I mean, why not terminate him now?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I was wondering the same.. and I mean no disrespect to anyone reading this, but no one can't be that clueless not knowing what he did at UT, Oakland and USC....
Honestly never looked around to know. Am newer to this board and heard the rumors start last season but didn't go looking for whatever the scuttlebutt was or what was going on at his past jobs.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The question I have is if we think he is getting fired Sunday, would he do a good job of calling the game Saturday? I mean, why not terminate him now?
You ask a very good question. On the surface, it seems like the LSU program would much rather see Florida win Saturday's game...to chip away at Bama's dominance, if nothing else. It would be a shame if Kiffin pulls a Fran on his last Bama game. (Pulling a Fran means not winning your last Bama game on the way to another job.)

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

I do not visit other team's fan sites and only get my information from TFs. I would not believe anything posted on those sites whether it were true or not. Whatever happens, happens.
I don't know, watching our opponent fans have meltdowns on their sites is fun to read; some comedic relief when I don't feel like reading anything serious. Latest example is Auburn blaming season on being "young." That's rich.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

You ask a very good question. On the surface, it seems like the LSU program would much rather see Florida win Saturday's game...to chip away at Bama's dominance, if nothing else. It would be a shame if Kiffin pulls a Fran on his last Bama game. (Pulling a Fran means not winning your last Bama game on the way to another job.)
I think that's folly. No one wants to exit a program labeled as a loser or cheater.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This rumor came to this site throughout the time period between ole miss and UGA week last year. HSV, if I remember correctly, put a stop to it because some of the content.

But the point is the freshwater thing is nothing new.
I've never stopped discussion of the problem itself. It's just that we don't need the details of the incidents spread across here, and that was beginning to happen...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

If you meant "not objecting" then I think you should turn your guns at CNS as well. Keep in mind these rumors came out last year and CNS still retained him.
Let's just say it was "humanitarian" and let it go at that...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

He will not be given the opportunity to do that...

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

To possibly give a plausible answer to the question of LK "throwing" the game:
CNS has control of that by simply turning off his headset and confining him to the locker room or whatever if he tries to do something like that. CNS could then let SARK (or whomever) call the offensive plays. Since Sark and CLK have very similar offensive minds it may not cause too much disruption in the game plan. I can't see CNS just standing by and letting an OC submarine him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.