News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a head coaching job

To possibly give a plausible answer to the question of LK "throwing" the game:
CNS has control of that by simply turning off his headset and confining him to the locker room or whatever if he tries to do something like that. CNS could then let SARK (or whomever) call the offensive plays. Since Sark and CLK have very similar offensive minds it may not cause too much disruption in the game plan. I can't see CNS just standing by and letting an OC submarine him.
Yeah it's not going to happen. If we get in trouble I think Napier might be the play caller, but I think Kiffin won't intentionally throw the game. And he certainly won't be allowed to

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

All i know for sure is that Joey Freshwater would be a great segment on Tosh.0's Kiffins Corner

LOL

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

All of this is really unfortunate. From CLK and his family to CNS and the rest of the staff and all the way down to the players. I'm indifferent to CLK with regards to his personal life but he has been a great OC for the team. Yeah his playcalling is head scratching at times especially when we don't run the ball or take what opposing defenses are seemingly giving us but in the big picture he has produced the desired results.

But more than that his energy on the sidelines really seems to resonate with the players and other coaches in a positive way. He's always celebrating with them when good things happen. He fist pumps when we score, throws up the TD signal in the middle of a play, chest bumps guys etc etc......I even had a good laugh this past Saturday when he shoved Jalen after the TD pass to Stewart like "Come on Jalen!! Be excited dude...you just threw a TD pass against auburn!!!" and Jalen looked as nonplussed as ever...lol.

CLK really seems to enjoy being on the sideline as our OC. So it's kind of sad that off the field issues may cause it all to end.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

This has gone from 0-100mph in a very short period of time.

There was an air of inevitability about his being sacked last year, so forgive me but I'll just wait and see what happens.

The LSU rumors first came out and it was sort of like "Pfff, Lane to LSU? Makes no sense." and a week later now we are just resigned to "Well now that he's fired and leaving for LSU what's next?" I don't doubt he's done some scurrilous stuff but I'm gonna wait and see how this all shakes out.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

OK....I am one who is clueless about what is going on with Kiffin. Can someone summarize the situation for those of us who have not heard any rumors? (For family audiences of course)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

OK....I am one who is clueless about what is going on with Kiffin. Can someone summarize the situation for those of us who have not heard any rumors? (For family audiences of course)
No, we're not going to spread details here. You'll have to look elsewhere...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Long story short, he's a great OC but a terrible person. We don't need to get into specifics IMO.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Google 'Joey Freshwater' and you will find plenty of info about CLK's propensity to ahem 'socialize' with young women around the college town environment. This isn't an Alabama thing either. It happened at USC and UT as well apparently. Basically he acts as if he's 'single and ready to mingle' even when he wasn't single. That's about all that can be said without details.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014

I couldn't care less what he does when he leaves, as long as he hasn't committed any NCAA infractions that could hurt us. CNS knew this was coming a while ago, and I'm sure there has been a plan in place to deal with this. If we didn't have CNS and the student leaders we have on the team, I'd be more concerned.

I do think him going to LSU will end horribly. A bigger city, close to New Orleans, no wife, no kids around, no hard-nosed disciplinarian around to try and keep him in line, and a head coach totally beholden to him to be successful is a recipe for disaster. I am glad he'll leave here without another ring.

RTR!!!

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

You would be concerned for your sister if he was your brother-in-law. About sums it up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I couldn't care less what he does when he leaves, as long as he hasn't committed any NCAA infractions that could hurt us. CNS knew this was coming a while ago, and I'm sure there has been a plan in place to deal with this. If we didn't have CNS and the student leaders we have on the team, I'd be more concerned.

I do think him going to LSU will end horribly. A bigger city, no wife, no kids around, no hard-nosed disciplinarian around to try and keep him in line, and a head coach totally beholden to him to be successful is a recipe for disaster. I am glad he'll leave here without another ring.

RTR!!!
If he leaves Sunday then he will have another ring.... SEC champ

Don't be so sure that in the scope of 3 years at LSU the trio cost us a title. Kiffin is an improvement and arranda is a heck of a DC. LSU's problems the last 4 haven't been for a lack of talent it has been a lack of innovation. Kiffin solves that problem

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

We all know Coach Saban's unshakable confidence in his ability to reform. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Very doubtful if the rumors are true.
Meh, what does it matter anyways. Not having one or having one isn't going to hurt him that much since he has 3* already , 4*^ conference titles out of 5 with him as an OC, and being on offensive staffs that produced 4* heisman trophy winner (2 with him being the OC). So I think aside from his personal baggage, he is the most decorated OC in America without the ring.

* USC during 2005 Reggie bush
^ Florida game this Saturday

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I'm shocked how many fans hadn't heard about Joey Freshwater. That was national "news."

Something must have happened recently for this to go down like this, though -- to can him the day after the SECCG and before the playoffs? Almost feels like he and Saban worked this out.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

This thread has gone from disbelief and fear that Kiffin will leave, to assuming or perhaps hoping he is gone, perhaps fired, and that it will happen this Sunday morning.

I just listened to Hey Coach from yesterday and I did not hear anything from Saban that could be interpreted that way, although of course Coach is going to play these cards close to his chest. For my part, I hope that Kiffin has improved/is improving, that he does his job focusing on helping us win another championship, and that he does not bring disgrace to the program. This is in absolutely everyones' best interest. Post-NCG is the time for reflection and staff changes, and Saban has proven to be a master, a true chief executive, when it comes to that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I'm shocked how many fans hadn't heard about Joey Freshwater. That was national "news."

Something must have happened recently for this to go down like this, though -- to can him the day after the SECCG and before the playoffs? Almost feels like he and Saban worked this out.
I'm more believing that people don't know about it because they don't go outside the forum to other forums, and the fact that clay Travis and cowherd were the two biggest people spreading. I think finebaum and scarbinsky didn't touch it because of the other rumors attached to it were harder to prove and had more powerful names attached to it. Had either touch on it then this entire board probably knows. But it is still shocking that more people didn't know until the past 24 hrs.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I just read Kiffin has an interview at Houston Sunday. Saturday Down South article. Saban is advocating this also, to try to keep Lane from LSU. There are 5 other candidates to be interviewed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.