News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a head coaching job

I'm going to believe it when I see it. But Hey...if it's reported on the internet..it HAS to be true, right?
How gullible can people be?
I may be totally crazy, but I don't think he's leaving.
sip

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Lol, don't check TF for awhile, come back, and opinion has shifted such that our own OC is public enemy #1 (Take heed! He's entirely villified, never to be spoken of positively again, except for maybe in the most perfunctory of "well he did get results" concessives - in fact, you were always leery of the guy and his antics, got a bad feeling about him from the start, remembered his misdeeds at UT and were quite frankly disappointed he was hired, and what's more, you were always secretly ashamed of and definitely did not at all enjoy his early TD hand signalling). Meanwhile, Saban's saying things like:

Honestly, I've never been the biggest fan of his playcalling here (although I was pretty impressed with a lot of what he did at UT), but I'm not about to dredge up all my grievances now that it's looking like he's going elsewhere (ok, maybe that's because I've been airing my grievances enough that they don't need dredging), and I'm definitely not going to jump in on the smear campaign. What would be entertaining to see is the always oh-so-subtle reverse sea change that would occur if he ended up staying on as OC - you'd be glad that you took that oddly strong, semi-informed, and entirely misplaced stance on his character then for sure!
Don't check in very often, do you? Or pay attention to my posts about him over the last couple of years, or this wouldn't have been such a big shock to your system...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Don't check in very often, do you? Or pay attention to my posts about him over the last couple of years, or this wouldn't have been such a big shock to your system...
Since this post has been made, I'd suggest looking back at my posts. No one who's been reading could possibly be surprised by a single post in this thread, not to mention all the material about him which has been public fodder for media types not friendly to UA for over a year. In fact, I don't want to see any more Rip van Winkle posts about shock and awe...

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

That makes the most sense, but I don't recall how it's been handled by other schools.
And we all know, the very foundation of the ncaa is common sense lol.

I've been on the road all day and or running around Atlanta, so I'm using this thread to tuck myself in.

Regarding Kiffin, sarkinson, the reincarnation of Stalin....none of it matters....

"In Saban we trust."

Last edited:

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

To clarify, shock is definitely not the reaction I had.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I would be happy if this whole thread was closed out. I wish I had never mentioned it. The Vol fans are all over this and really having a good time with it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I would be happy if this whole thread was closed out. I wish I had never mentioned it. The Vol fans are all over this and really having a good time with it.
They have bigger problems than who our OC is. I suspect a number of their fans would take him back over Botch Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a HC job (all Kiffin posts here, please)

Well, reading this thread is depressing. It is what it is. It's the season for all of this. I don't know why you guys are surprised. It isn't disloyal. CNS says he's ready then he's ready. I rather see him at Houston than LSU. I can't stand them and poaching one of ours would bring that to an all time high of dislike.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It doesn't really matter. It's all over the net and also in TV and print media. It would have made its way here in another thread, even if you hadn't started the thread. No way of avoiding the topic...

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a HC job (all Kiffin posts here, please)

There's no denying, Kiffin is one heck of an OC. If your main objective is winning, Kiffin is your man. I can't understand why Awbern isn't all over him, especially if they thought they were stealing him from us. But then again, Kiffin wouldn't sink that low but the vols would if they thought they had a chance but I am most happy if the aubies, Vols and who's keep who they have.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

There's no denying, Kiffin is one heck of an OC. If your main objective is winning, Kiffin is your man. I can't understand why Awbern isn't all over him, especially if they thought they were stealing him from us. But then again, Kiffin wouldn't sink that low but the vols would if they thought they had a chance but I am most happy if the aubies, Vols and who's keep who they have.
Auburn isn't all over him because Gus doesn't want someone to fight him on calls. Lashley is a yes man, CLK for the most part is not.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007

I move to close this trhead, and perhaps start anew one with a "different" discussion....jmo...any seconds?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I move to close this trhead, and perhaps start anew one with a "different" discussion....jmo...any seconds?
Meh. Part of me would, but like hsv said it's probably going to seep through in other threads if we do. So the disscussion isn't going away.

Fwiw you are like the 4th person to suggest that. So you aren't the only 1

😎Rtr

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Auburn isn't all over him because Gus doesn't want someone to fight him on calls. Lashley is a yes man, CLK for the most part is not.
I was talking about replacing Malzahn as HC with Kiffin but I really would like Malzahn and Lashley to stay. Malzahn and Lashley are like two clowns on the sideline.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I think Kiffin is going to get the Houston job by the names I've heard.

1. Art Briles would be a reviled hire nationally. There is simply no reason for them to take that PR hit when the Houston brand is seen so positively right now. What if information emerges after they hire him that incriminates him in such a way where the school simply cannot retain him? Knowing the slimy nature of Texas politics, I'd bet on that information to emerge within a month or two being sourced from miffed Baylor boosters or Longhorn boosters who just want to see the world burn.

2. I don't think I'd immediately buy the "Les Miles is a reformed man in terms of offensive philosophy" line. LSU fans heard that all off-season and what did they get this Fall? He doesn't really seem like a fit at all. It is good for his name to be involved in the process I suppose but I see him heading to Big Ten country.

So, that leaves Kiffin and his offensive approach really meshes with a concept of keeping the good times rolling with what Herman started.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

If it were not for threads like this, some of us who do not go to other boards would not get the information. I have tap talk and this is the only site I have on it. Other than work related boards, because I am required to, this is the only other board I look at or participate in. Don't listen to the talking heads on ESPN any more and don't get Finebaum any more while driving.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.