2010 and 'Bama Privilege'

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
I won't go into details but D.J. Hall later said that he wished he had waked up earlier and bought into the Saban process. I don't know if it damaged his NFL prospects, because he did catch on with the Giants for a while, but that's what he said. And there were others playing for "#1". BTW, it's really "Earle." :) According to "howmanyofme.com," I'm the only "Earle Self" left in the US...
Sorry Earle I knew I was wrong as I was typing it too.

I'm an Allan with two Ls so I know how it can grate.

[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry Earle I knew I was wrong as I was typing it too.

I'm an Allan with two Ls so I know how it can grate.

[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Not a biggie. There are 25 without an "e" on the end. My mom, a Poe fan, named my brother after him, misspelling the middle name, which should have been like yours, as "Allen." Now, his son carries it also. She was a meticulous speller (and a nondrinker), but there it is... :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
HA! Got you beat by 9:1. Probably a fairly accurate count, even though the muck up the last name.
You mean there're nine of you? There was one other of me, interestingly enough "Earle A. Self." (I'm "Earle B. Self"). He was originally from Blount County, which probably meant he was a cousin, but he had wandered down to the cost and owned a towing company. I started to contact him, this about five years ago, but then I noticed that he was 98 years old. He seems to have disappeared from the records...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yep. 7878th most popular last name.

Of course, the numbers go way down when you replace an Italian saint name with an Irish one.

At one time, I was thinking of moving to Albuquerque. There were 14 of us (if memory serves), and one of them was in..................

Well, didn't matter: got sick, almost croaked, and the rest is history.

Would have been weird to have someone call and say "Oh, you want the other guy with the strange name."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.