Are Beer Sales Allowed at The Playoff Games?

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Absolutely for playoff and neutral site out of conference games. It should be allowed for all games.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I got beer at the 2012 SEC Champ game. Maybe it was one of the chic fil a kickoff games. I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only beer sales at the SECCG are in private boxes. Kickoff games allow beer so it's probably one of them

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah must have been a kickoff game. I think West Virginia.

That would be correct. They are by definition "nonconference" games. It's just really SEC games where it's banned, including the championship game. I'm the furtherest thing from a nondrinker, and my feeling is that the only thing added to an athletic contest by beer sales is the bottom line of the sponsors. JMO...

ColaTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015
Columbia, SC
We bought drinks in the club section last year at SEC game but couldn't bring them into the seats without pouring them into a soda cup.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Its a mess, if you have club level seats you can buy beer and pour it into a soda cup. No one can explain the rules.

Just so you know if you happen to be in a suite the cost of a hot dog is 12.00 each and you can only order in lots of 12, and a cold case of Budweiser is $72.00. Want 24 chicken wings, a kmart blue light special at only 48.00 bucks.

We bought drinks in the club section last year at SEC game but couldn't bring them into the seats without pouring them into a soda cup.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Its a mess, if you have club level seats you can buy beer and pour it into a soda cup. No one can explain the rules.

Just so you know if you happen to be in a suite the cost of a hot dog is 12.00 each and you can only order in lots of 12, and a cold case of Budweiser is $72.00. Want 24 chicken wings, a kmart blue light special at only 48.00 bucks.
Maybe those type prices are contributing to how we are seeing ticket prices drop with empty seats in big games like conference championships. I'm trying to imagine paying over a hundred bucks for a dozen hotdogs. :eek2:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
That would be correct. They are by definition "nonconference" games. It's just really SEC games where it's banned, including the championship game. I'm the furtherest thing from a nondrinker, and my feeling is that the only thing added to an athletic contest by beer sales is the bottom line of the sponsors. JMO...
I'm not a big fan of drinking at a game either. I've never had more than a beer or two. Why would I pay for a ticket and travel just to get drunk and not be able to follow the game?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm not a big fan of drinking at a game either. I've never had more than a beer or two. Why would I pay for a ticket and travel just to get drunk and not be able to follow the game?

i usually follow the beer a quarter rule watching at home or in public. it seems to work well pacing wise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.