Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. Gators...

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
Is it just me or does the CBS broadcast almost make the game unbearable. touchdown, commercial...Kickoff, commercial. Injuries, commercial. I love me some football but they really seem to mess up the flow of the broadcast. I know its all about money but you shouldn't sacrifice your product in my opinion.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They said in the post game report that Hurts is the first true freshman QB to lead an SEC team to a conference championship.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Is it just me or does the CBS broadcast almost make the game unbearable. touchdown, commercial...Kickoff, commercial. Injuries, commercial. I love me some football but they really seem to mess up the flow of the broadcast. I know its all about money but you shouldn't sacrifice your product in my opinion.
This drives me crazy/irritates me/chaps by behind. Along with those stupid overheard cameras. Gosh I hate those.

End rant. #firstworldproblems :smile:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The article mentions they want to see what BAMA does when they play a team with a QB and a defense. What defenses might we play that would be better than LSU or a beat up Gator defense? Krymsonman
It seemed critical to the meaning that the combination of elite QB and a decent defense is the threat, not either/or. Neither LSU nor Florida have the type of QB that can pick apart Bama's D. Ole Miss does, but their D couldn't keep us from coming back to win a high scoring game. Our playoff opponents might have the combo that could beat us in one game if we play sloppy or have injuries exploited.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It seemed critical to the meaning that the combination of elite QB and a decent defense is the threat, not either/or. Neither LSU nor Florida have the type of QB that can pick apart Bama's D. Ole Miss does, but their D couldn't keep us from coming back to won a high scoring game. Our playoff opponents might have the combo that could beat us in one game if we play sloppy or have injuries exploited.
I read it the same way. Allen was amazing against you guys, but their defense was horrid.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..And listening to Gary Danielson & his all things "Anti-Alabama Agenda" this year has become damn near unbearable..Then you add in all those commercials it really makes me wish the SEC would terminate its TV contract with CBS..

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
While Hurts has been good, his decision making has lots of room for improvement, understandably so. He has missed some reads in the past few games that cost us TDs. Hopefully, his youth will not cost us in the playoff. He brings so much to the attack, just needs the game to slow down a bit where he sees the field better. Bama Problems...

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
While Hurts has been good, his decision making has lots of room for improvement, understandably so. He has missed some reads in the past few games that cost us TDs. Hopefully, his youth will not cost us in the playoff. He brings so much to the attack, just needs the game to slow down a bit where he sees the field better. Bama Problems...
Agree. It does seem many times the receivers aren't getting open or Hurts can't find those who are.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Yup..And listening to Gary Danielson & his all things "Anti-Alabama Agenda" this year has become damn near unbearable..Then you add in all those commercials it really makes me wish the SEC would terminate its TV contract with CBS..
Sorry, but I just don't see it this way at all.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Here's something I saw on ESPN:

ESPN Stats and Information

With possibly two games against ranked opponents left, Alabama has already tied the single-season record for wins over ranked opponents in one season.

Last edited:

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
At least they didn't bring anyone into the booth to tell Vern goodbye and miss some of the game doing so. What drives me crazy is when there is an injury they wait until the player is leaving the field and then they go to a commercial.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.