Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. Gators...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Is it just me or does the CBS broadcast almost make the game unbearable. touchdown, commercial...Kickoff, commercial. Injuries, commercial. I love me some football but they really seem to mess up the flow of the broadcast. I know its all about money but you shouldn't sacrifice your product in my opinion.
We were getting tired of it, in the stadium as well. Just thankful, we didn't have to listen to Gary.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Agree. It does seem many times the receivers aren't getting open or Hurts can't find those who are.
They are getting open. He just isn't seeing them soon enough or not all. From my end zone vantage point yesterday there were receivers running open everywhere yesterday. They don't pan to it quick enough on TV. But you could just see the angst from Kiffin and Saban yesterday. Oftentimes Hurts would be looking directly at an open receiver simply not throw the ball.

This offseason will be critical for Hurts to improve in this area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They are getting open. He just isn't seeing them soon enough or not all. From my end zone vantage point yesterday there were receivers running open everywhere yesterday. They don't pan to it quick enough on TV. But you could just see the angst from Kiffin and Saban yesterday. Oftentimes Hurts would be looking directly at an open receiver simply not throw the ball.

This offseason will be critical for Hurts to improve in this area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I'd add to that then he will stare down a receiver and throw the ball where a HS player could intercept it. I guess it's just youth...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I read it the same way. Allen was amazing against you guys, but their defense was horrid.
My thinking is that I know we are going to face some better QB's from here on out, but other than maybe OSU, who has a defense that could stop our offense. Clemson's defense looked like a sieve last night, and I'm not sure on UW's defense. I also think our defense, with a month to prepare, will be pretty tough to handle. Krymsonman

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Watching some of the replay. Did not have sound up to hear Gary Danielson during the game. I prefer listening to him; he has great insight and knowledge of what is going on. I do not get a negative-Bama vibe with him like many seem to. He says a lot of good things about the team and players. Occasionally he will get something wrong and harp on it without seeing his own error but usually he will correct himself.

The first quarter of this game was bizarre but the bottom line at the end of the game to go along with the score is that UF had 0 yards rushing. They were effective at times throwing the ball and converting 3rd downs with the pass but not being able to run the ball is costly in the long run.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Watching some of the replay. Did not have sound up to hear Gary Danielson during the game. I prefer listening to him; he has great insight and knowledge of what is going on. I do not get a negative-Bama vibe with him like many seem to. He says a lot of good things about the team and players. Occasionally he will get something wrong and harp on it without seeing his own error but usually he will correct himself.
I agree. I think he genuinely likes and certainly respects Bama.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Is it just me or does the CBS broadcast almost make the game unbearable. touchdown, commercial...Kickoff, commercial. Injuries, commercial. I love me some football but they really seem to mess up the flow of the broadcast. I know its all about money but you shouldn't sacrifice your product in my opinion.
You may have seen my post last night with a pic of the tv timeout ref.

It is bad for the game to have 4-hour contests. No millennial is going to be engaged in a game that long, thus you're losing the next generation.

3 hours is ok. 3.5 tolerable. 4+ not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
You may have seen my post last night with a pic of the tv timeout ref.

It is bad for the game to have 4-hour contests. No millennial is going to be engaged in a game that long, thus you're losing the next generation.

3 hours is ok. 3.5 tolerable. 4+ not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hang on, now...losing Millenials is never a bad thing.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yes Shirley I'm serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're suggesting Hurts will have to seriously hold off Tua after winning the SEC as a true freshman, potentially finishing undefeated and winning the national championship...then I don't want to live on this planet anymore. It's absurd...

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Also, another reason why Hurt won't most likely lose his job is because he now has experience playing in SEC/Playoff and the backup behind him doesn't have experience... so technically there will be a battle for no. 2... since we'll lose Bateman, Cornwell...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
He's right. We have Mac Jones and Tua coming in ... we will have 3 qbs... Hurts job isn't safe... Unlikely he'll lose his starting job, but with CNS, every year every one has to fight for their job. Look at Taylor who lost his job. Look at Foster.
Not even remotely comparable. Foster has an attitude problem and Taylor wasn't exactly the best blocker on the team..

Hurts plays the most important position on the field and has been a leader from day 1.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.