Any Hamilton Updates? (Saban: likely out for the year)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Evans has a higher ceiling than Hamilton, but Hamilton is a lot more consistent, less mistakes. That's why Evans sees the field a lot less.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Evans has a higher ceiling than Hamilton, but Hamilton is a lot more consistent, less mistakes. That's why Evans sees the field a lot less.
Yep. As you said higher ceiling but lower floor for Evans. We saw the lower floor part on the blown coverage for a TD today..

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Evans is Foster before Foster got to the point he is at now.

In the end however, once we get into the playoff, we'll be playing nothing but spread teams sans Michigan. So really, how many times per game were we even going to use two ILB's? Foster is the ILB that was going to see the majority of the snaps come playoff time. If I remember correctly, Hamilton didn't even see the field much against Ole Miss due to their offensive philosophy.

Its a damn shame Hamilton got hurt though. I feel bad for him. I'm still holding out hope that the MRI says something else that changes the "Done For The Year" statement.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I hope it does not effect his draft status. He has been so good for us I want to see him get rewarded.
SDH is a junior and I was expecting him to return either way and now I totally expect him to return. I hate to hear this since he was having a great year. Get well SDH and come back to be the leader of our D next year.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah, I bet Hamilton returns for his Senior year. He'll be back next year.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I could only bear to watch the slomo once, but I think I saw the top of his tibia kind of bulging out underneath the kneecap. It makes me wince to think about it. Godspeed, and I hope he gets to lead our defense next year.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I could only bear to watch the slomo once, but I think I saw the top of his tibia kind of bulging out underneath the kneecap. It makes me wince to think about it. Godspeed, and I hope he gets to lead our defense next year.

Same here...

Had to turn my head as well after the first slo mo...

Hate it for SDH, and yes, a huge loss for the team...

It's Rashaan's time to shine.

I must admit to having had been surprised that he hasn't been receiving more playing time, esp following his much talked about move to ILB in Fall camp.

Of course, w Reuben n SDH playing as they have been, it's easier to understand...

Looking for him to show out in the playoffs, and to have an outstanding Senior season next year, alongside SDH...

Last edited:

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Do you have a good link for that play? Thanks

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Evans is Foster before Foster got to the point he is at now.

In the end however, once we get into the playoff, we'll be playing nothing but spread teams sans Michigan. So really, how many times per game were we even going to use two ILB's? Foster is the ILB that was going to see the majority of the snaps come playoff time. If I remember correctly, Hamilton didn't even see the field much against Ole Miss due to their offensive philosophy.

Its a damn shame Hamilton got hurt though. I feel bad for him. I'm still holding out hope that the MRI says something else that changes the "Done For The Year" statement.
Not really. Foster grew up playing ILB and played there in HS. It's what he's always done. Evans never played ILB until late last year when we moved him into that spy role against mobile QBs. He''d pretty much played on the line (sometimes as an OLB but a lot as a DE) up till then. He's had to learn how to play ILB front scratch - and has made a lot of progress. Foster had other issues - keeping his head up and not leaving his feet, that coaches wouldn't let him play till he got corrected (otherwise he's have been hurt more than he was).

Hamilton played in both the base and the nickel formation and only came off in dime.

Evans playing more at ILB has a ripple impact though. It might mean we play him less in the rush packages as we typically try to bring fresher guys in so Miller and others will probably also see more reps now.

Luckily, Evans is one heck of an athlete. that showed on the goal line stop last night. If we can get a lot of that, and get him enough reps (even if just film room reps and other coaching off the field) between now and Dec 31st hopefully we can help him ramp up even faster to be ready.

ProudTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015
How's Mack Wilson looked at linebacker? I only remember his highlights as a FB and ST player.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.