Game Thread: B1G Championship*** Wisconsin vs State Penn (FOX)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Honestly didn't think what the NCAA did to PSU was wrong morally (it was wrong legally though)...hate that they are prospering

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
We shall see soon enough. Not worth arguing about.
If OSU gets in its because of their name and money, not qualifiers. (i.e. home cooked refs in columbu$). They are not more deserving than Penn St.

That said....i would love to play them because we won't make the same mistakes as last time. We would continue to run the ball. The only reason we lost last time is we stopped running the ball

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you just look at their resumes:

* We both have 11 wins.

* We have 1 loss while they have 2.

* We both have 2 wins against top 10 teams.

* We both have one loss to a top 10 team.

* We are 4-1 against top 25 teams, they are 2-2.

So, does the head to head mean more than the last bullet? The committee will have to decide.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
If you just look at their resumes:

* We both have 11 wins.

* We have 1 loss while they have 2.

* We both have 2 wins against top 10 teams.

* We both have one loss to a top 10 team.

* We are 4-1 against top 25 teams, they are 2-2.

So, does the head to head mean more than the last bullet? The committee will have to decide.
Only 1 played 13 games and won the big10 champ game.

osu stayed at home and watched on tv

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Only 1 played 13 games and won the big10 champ game.
Single minded, aren't you. There is more to it than that. They played 4 ranked teams, including that 13th game. Their schedule was much weaker than ours, even with that 13th game. And we beat the same team that they beat in that 13th game already. So the 13th game is irrelevant because even with that game, their resume is weaker.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
If OSU gets in its because of their name and money, not qualifiers. (i.e. home cooked refs in columbu$). They are not more deserving than Penn St.

That said....i would love to play them because we won't make the same mistakes as last time. We would continue to run the ball. The only reason we lost last time is we stopped running the ball

RTR

With the same OC as last time? (Maybe)

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I've heard the committee use the word eye test for 3 years now. For me the eye test isn't close, OSU is a better team 364 days a year over State Penn.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Single minded, aren't you. There is more to it than that. They played 4 ranked teams, including that 13th game. Their schedule was much weaker than ours, even with that 13th game. And we beat the same team that they beat in that 13th game already. So the 13th game is irrelevant because even with that game, their resume is weaker.
LOL. far from it

And i see you left that fact off your list.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.