CFP Selection Show on Sunday 11 am

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I was hoping it would be Penn St. I thought they would be an easier matchup, but I don't think there's anything wrong with Washington getting the pick. We should win, but don't sleep on the Huskies. The one area that our defense struggles is on the deep ball, and it will be even worse with our secondary being banged up. Washington has one of the best deep ball schemes in the country. I would also venture to say we haven't played a pure web talent this season like we will face in browning. Pettis and Ross are also legit at WR. If they connect on a few 50/50 balls, the game could wind up being very interesting.

On a side note though, while I say we haven't faced a qb like theirs this year, the flip side of that is that he hasn't seen a D like ours this year. I find that game really, really intriguing. I could see it being a far better game than people will expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I was hoping for another crack at OSU in the first round. Would have been a heck of a game. Washington won't be a cakewalk, they deserve to be in. I just thought the committee would rank them higher.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Essentially what the CFB Playoff Committee has said is, we know that the B1G chose Penn State as its champ, but we think they are wrong, Ohio State is really the B1G champion. This reminds me of when OSU and UM were asked about a B1G championship game, and the response was, why do we need a conference championship game when we already have OSU vs. UM? Penn State got screwed in 1994, and I don't think that the B1G has ever really considered Penn State to be a real member of the B1G. Actually, the B1G basically sees itself as OSU & UM, and then a bunch of other teams that don't matter.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I was hoping it would be Penn St. I thought they would be an easier matchup, but I don't think there's anything wrong with Washington getting the pick. We should win, but don't sleep on the Huskies. The one area that our defense struggles is on the deep ball, and it will be even worse with our secondary being banged up. Washington has one of the best deep ball schemes in the country. I would also venture to say we haven't played a pure web talent this season like we will face in browning. Pettis and Ross are also legit at WR. If they connect on a few 50/50 balls, the game could wind up being very interesting.

On a side note though, while I say we haven't faced a qb like theirs this year, the flip side of that is that he hasn't seen a D like ours this year. I find that game really, really intriguing. I could see it being a far better game than people will expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The closest D to us they faced this year was USC ... and I would argue that USC has the best D in the Pac-12. but we also saw the result. Again, it won't be a cakewalk at all, they will be able to move the ball. But will they be able to move the ball enough to outscore us? Should be an interesting matchup.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Maybe but it'll have to be through the air. They won't run the ball at all. Their oline weighs on average less than 300 lbs. Lightest of the top 20 teams..
Browning can be a handfull. I expect Peterson to play dink and dunk like Florida did, but I think our offense needs to knock them out early because Washington will fight only as long as they still believe.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Kirk also made a good point. The committee isn't saying an easy schedule will get you in. OSU is in the final 4 because of one game: the out-of-conference, on-the-road win versus Oklahoma. If they had played a cupcake out of conference in place of Okalahoma, they wouldn't be in the final 4.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.