CFP Selection Show on Sunday 11 am

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Browning can be a handfull. I expect Peterson to play dink and dunk like Florida did, but I think our offense needs to knock them out early because Washington will fight only as long as they still believe.
I agree. Pound the football. Break their will to play football. Enough of the cutesy garbage from Kiffin. Line up and own them.They lost their starting LB in the USC game. We should be able to overpower them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Kirby Hocutt said the committee looked at all kinds of stats so I thought it would be interesting to look once again at the stats from the Ohio State-Penn State game:

1st Downs 19 13
3rd down efficiency 9-22 2-13
4th down efficiency 1-2 0-1
Total Yards 413 276
Passing 245 154
Comp-Att 28-43 8-23
Yards per pass 5.7 6.7
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 168 122
Rushing Attempts 40 37
Yards per rush 4.2 3.3
Penalties 8-45 1-5
Turnovers 0 1
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 37:19 22:41

Of course Penn State won which many say is all that matters, but it's clear that Ohio State won the game statistically.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Basically, after all the talk and wasted money on this stupid committee, the major conference teams with the best records got in. Seems awfully simple despite how difficult they want to make it seem.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Basically, after all the talk and wasted money on this stupid committee, the major conference teams with the best records got in. Seems awfully simple despite how difficult they want to make it seem.
Last night I speculated they would move Clemson to #2 in an attempt to justify their existence. Sure enough...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They got it right.

And if Penn State thinks they got 'screwed,' well.....there's an irony for you......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You can make an argument Penn St should be in, but acting like it is some kind of tragedy is silly.

The mere fact they are making more noise about this than about those kids tells you that despite five years and multiple investigations, nothing has changed. The football program still runs the show.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
One thing for Penn State, they have the Rose Bowl as a back up bowl.

As to Washington with Peterson, he loves trick plays which is how he beat Oklahoma when he was at Boise. I'm sure he'll have that game broken down for study as well. It's great for Bama fans to be going back to Atlanta which means it will be much easier on the pocket book. It may also mean more tickets avail for Bama fans if not enough Washington fans want to travel. I expect the Bama game will be the later game to accommodate PST viewers.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
One thing for Penn State, they have the Rose Bowl as a back up bowl.

As to Washington with Peterson, he loves trick plays which is how he beat Oklahoma when he was at Boise. I'm sure he'll have that game broken down for study as well. It's great for Bama fans to be going back to Atlanta which means it will be much easier on the pocket book. It may also mean more tickets avail for Bama fans if not enough Washington fans want to travel. I expect the Bama game will be the later game to accommodate PST viewers.
i wasn't thinking about the time difference. That makes me hopeful the game is the late one.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Last night I speculated they would move Clemson to #2 in an attempt to justify their existence. Sure enough...
Yep, the committee and money spent on them is such a joke.

Committee's thoughts- Let's act important and act like we need to deliberate for hours and be flown around the country and pampered and act like our opinions are so valuable and this job is tough. So, who are we picking? The major conference teams with the best records sounds good.

This is the way it should be, and most of the time the conference teams with the best records will also be the conference champs. Any group of 8th grade college football fans could do the same thing. It is just so stupid to have this ridiculous committee. Unless, of course, they want to pay me to do that job, and then I would think it would be absolutely necessary. Hahaha!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - the krazy BCS theory has been vindicated once again.

If this were the BCS days, there is NO DOUBT that Alabama would be in the title game (and not have to play the Peach Bowl). The DEBATE would be about the other three teams.

Those three teams got in. There is no other debate.

We're only having that 'other' debate because we decided to expand the teams that can play for the title.....just like the 'krazy BCS theory' predicted.

While I have my problems with the committee, they are 100% right here. (Note to the committee: time to amend that book to make clear you DON'T 'emphasize' conference championships).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.