CFP Selection Show on Sunday 11 am

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
An example of the cess pool up there.

NICK KAYAL
@NickKayal
Penn State has been ROBBED in what I believe to be the biggest American sports tragedy of all-time. Shameful precedent set by committee.

12/4/2016, 11:33:25 AM

And he got nailed for it, too - and should have.

The biggest American sports tragedy of all-time is (take your pick): Ray Mancini killing Duk Koo Kim (he was American but it wasn't here), the Atlanta Centennial Olympic Bombing (not technically sports), or all those spectators killed/burned at the beginning of the 1973 Indy 500.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
When's the last time we lost to a team based on the deep ball? South Carolina 2010? If you can't sustain drives, if you can't run the ball, you won't beat us with the deep ball.
Didn't Wallace for Ole Miss get use with one long pass in 2014? Bama gave up a couple of long passes to Missouri in the SEC champ game that didn't results in scores. All in all, we haven't given up multiple long passes for TDs to an opponent.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
And he got nailed for it, too - and should have.The biggest American sports tragedy of all-time is (take your pick): Ray Mancini killing Duk Koo Kim (he was American but it wasn't here), the Atlanta Centennial Olympic Bombing (not technically sports), or all those spectators killed/burned at the beginning of the 1973 Indy 500.
The Marshall football team.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think the huskies could be a bigger challenge than many think. Petersen is a great coach and had an incredible record at Boise. His players may not be big but they play extremely hard and always seem to overachieve. I suggest everybody go watch the 2007 fiesta bowl on you tube.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think the committee got it correct too. Any team that loses by 39 points does not deserve to be in the playoff. Also, I hope Penn State gets looked over in every college football playoff. They are the only team I would actually hope auburn or Tennessee would beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think the huskies could be a bigger challenge than many think. Petersen is a great coach and had an incredible record at Boise. His players may not be big but they play extremely hard and always seem to overachieve. I suggest everybody go watch the 2007 fiesta bowl on you tube.
Very true. Peterson's teams are always sound fundamentally and his trenches are strong. This will be a dogfight through the last sound of the whistle.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Don't know if it qualifies as a sports tragedy but the A&M bonfire was about the worst thing i recollect surrounding sports that I can pull from my retrievable memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This isn't even the biggest sports tragedy related to Penn State. I think Joe Paterno and the Penn State administration failing children who were sexually assaulted by a football staff member by not notifying law enforcement for 35 years takes that cake.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.