CFP Selection Show on Sunday 11 am

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Why in the world do these guys have a show on Tuesday evening prime-time then put the biggest show of the year on Sunday at 11 o'clock?

stupid decisions like this make you wonder if they might start playing the first round games on New Year's Eve

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Why in the world do these guys have a show on Tuesday evening prime-time then put the biggest show of the year on Sunday at 11 o'clock?

stupid decisions like this make you wonder if they might start playing the first round games on New Year's Eve
Doesn't it last four hours? How long will they drag out the announcement of who plays who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

The Tuesday shows are for TV ratings. The Sunday show is out of necessity. Bowls need to know who they are getting since there are only 12 or 14 days till they begin.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sunday night would be great - so 6 or 7 hours is that critical?
Purring it in right after their afternoon NFL highlights show would be perfect. But that early (9:00 AM on the left coast) is crazy.

And I get a little drama build-up for the pairings. But one hour should be plenty.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Don't they announce all the bowls and then discuss the match-ups? If so, that could take a while because there are about 100 bowl games.
Good point. I didn't think about the show discussing other bowl games.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Sunday Night wouldn't work. You have Sunday Night Football and Walking Dead to contend with. Sunday Morning makes the most sense.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Doesn't it last four hours? How long will they drag out the announcement of who plays who?

Exactly! We could learn all we need to know in 15 minutes.
I take it you guys haven't watched it the previous years?

So the first 5-15 minutes is usually just "man what a season," and all that. Then they go straight into the top 4, their bowls, and discuss the matchups. After that they show the ranks and discuss each bowl game and talk about the teams involved.

This is how they've done it in the past anyways. Last year, the best part was...all the top 4 teams had watch parties and espn reporters there, except one. Alabama. The reporter was at Tuscaloosa and said the bldg was locked, lights off, and the team had no plan of meeting up since it was their rest/24 celebration window.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I take it you guys haven't watched it the previous years?

So the first 5-15 minutes is usually just "man what a season," and all that. Then they go straight into the top 4, their bowls, and discuss the matchups. After that they show the ranks and discuss each bowl game and talk about the teams involved.

This is how they've done it in the past anyways
Yeah because it's Sunday in the Flippin morning

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Sunday Night wouldn't work. You have Sunday Night Football and Walking Dead to contend with. Sunday Morning makes the most sense.
What's wrong with Sunday night around 5 to 6 p.m.? This is just a ridiculous time slot for the big reveal

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014

Earlier on ESPN they said that Michigan would learn their CFP fate sometime between 12 and 1. I figure they debate it amongst themselves and interested parties (coaches, ADs) for an hour, make the CFP announcement during the second hour, and then reveal the remaining bowl matchups. If they announced the bowls first, one could figure out the top four from that. I think we will know all we need to know about playoff matchups by 12:30 CT.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
What's wrong with Sunday night around 5 to 6 p.m.? This is just a ridiculous time slot for the big reveal
Well, they'd have to split it into two segments if they did that. They go through every single bowl game pretty much. So bowls in the morning and then playoff in the evening? Even then, NFL games are still going on around 5-6pm anyway. The 3:30 Sunday NFL games are usually over by 6:30-7pm CST.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I'm assuming they like to do it before NFL games start. But I remember last year coming out of church checking my phone to see where we were ranked so they get to it pretty quick.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm assuming they like to do it before NFL games start. But I remember last year coming out of church checking my phone to see where we were ranked so they get to it pretty quick.
You didn't check it during church? What kind of fan are you? Show some support.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Earlier on ESPN they said that Michigan would learn their CFP fate sometime between 12 and 1. I figure they debate it amongst themselves and interested parties (coaches, ADs) for an hour, make the CFP announcement during the second hour, and then reveal the remaining bowl matchups. If they announced the bowls first, one could figure out the top four from that. I think we will know all we need to know about playoff matchups by 12:30 CT.
I would think those times are eastern, so UM would know by 11:30 CST. I don't think they will compete with the noon NFL games in terms of when they announce. Like Tat said, it's usually announced in the first 20 min

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
The 3:30 Sunday NFL games are usually over by 6:30-7pm CST.
Sidebar - how is it that the NFL can complete games in just over 3 hours and college takes 4+, on the same network? Halftime is only 8 minutes longer in college. Never mind, I know we all complain about this...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.