Reporter: "You, you, you"

JH: "As a team I think we've done a great job."

THAT is what I'm talking about!

RTR

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
^This^, and the general way he conducted himself, making his parents and coaches proud. These post Championship game, open mic locker rooms must make CNS cringe.:)

TallapoosaTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2015
that video on YouTube of Jalens locker room interview has been viewed over 46,500 times since last night. Alot of people had been waiting for that...

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Obviously, Saban has the "freshmen don't speak" policy. I can't ever remember an exception to that policy.

Listening to Jalen you understand why Saban made an exception. He is more polished and poised than some of the NFL guys you hear giving interviews.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Good interview, very grounded young man.

Also thought CJMs post game conference was worth watching very complimentary about Bama - Coaches best 85 ever. Classy interview.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Jalen AND Lane Kiffin got to talk last night! Means Nick was REALLY in a good mood! They both handled the interviews like seasoned veterans. I could tell by listening to Kiffin that his football mind never shuts off. He is really a football genius!

Jalen, in the opinion of a mom who has an athlete son, is the PERFECT teammate. I know there are coaches all over this country who wish they had a team full of kids like Jalen Hurts. It makes me absolutely giddy watching him play and now hearing him talk! Even when he was silent, you could tell he has a strong FAITH, has an incredible work ethic and never puts himself first. Now that we have heard his first interview, it just solidified everything we already knew! I think he will be one of those athletes that people talk about for a century. He is just THAT good!

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
WOW!! Great interview. I love JH demeanor.
Love the comment... we are not done... yet!

RTR!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Obviously, Saban has the "freshmen don't speak" policy. I can't ever remember an exception to that policy.

Listening to Jalen you understand why Saban made an exception. He is more polished and poised than some of the NFL guys you hear giving interviews.
Per SEC rule all players have to be made available to the media after the SECCG.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Very impressed with JH. I think his calmness and maturity has definitely earned him the QB job and the respect of CNS and the team. Looking forward to big things from him in the playoffs

"Roll Tide"

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jalen AND Lane Kiffin got to talk last night! Means Nick was REALLY in a good mood! They both handled the interviews like seasoned veterans. I could tell by listening to Kiffin that his football mind never shuts off. He is really a football genius!

Jalen, in the opinion of a mom who has an athlete son, is the PERFECT teammate. I know there are coaches all over this country who wish they had a team full of kids like Jalen Hurts. It makes me absolutely giddy watching him play and now hearing him talk! Even when he was silent, you could tell he has a strong FAITH, has an incredible work ethic and never puts himself first. Now that we have heard his first interview, it just solidified everything we already knew! I think he will be one of those athletes that people talk about for a century. He is just THAT good!
Sec Conference Championship and Playoff are times where we get to hear them speak.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I know I am coming late to the party but almost didn't see this. Thanks op for posting this. I have been waiting all year to hear him speak. I was not disappointed. Wow.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's awesome to hear Jalen speak in an interview..It's a great policy to have in place that doesn't allow Fr talk to the media, but, Jalen has proven he's a cool cucumber when he's under the spotlight & is an exception to that Sban Rule..

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Listening to Jalen you understand why Saban made an exception.
Not an exception.

A rule he has to be available for media interviews after the SEC Championship game. Other freshmen starters also are available.

ooops. already answered.:redface:

I will add with the way the media wanted to steer it toward him him him it's obvious why Saban doesn't like the way some mediots want to frame the questions. Surprised he wasn't asked if he thought they could beat the Cleveland Browns and by how much.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Coach Saban allows freshmen to be interviewed after the regular season is completed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.