Bateman transferring

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just FWIW, Alabama's academic calendar shows classes starting January 11.

If Bateman's target school has a similar setup, he could play for us through the 1/9 NCG. and still make the first classes.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
It's great to see we have so many team players at QB. Seriously, we can't have a decent backup QB? Does it have to be someone who isn't any good, otherwise they run off to another team.
I hope he can stick it out but I understand if classes start in Jan 6th he won't be able to stick it out. I also understand him wanting to play. He has been a good soldier for us. Waited his turn and his turn just never came. We all know he would have started this year for many other D 1 schools and will more than likely start where ever he is transferring to. It looks to be Jalen or bust for us going forward. Good thing is he has shown he is durable. If CB does transfer before the playoffs can Tua dress and travel with the team? I know he can practice just not sure if he could play if needed.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'd rather us bring in a Veteran JUCO QB, or maybe even a grad transfer to back Hurts up next season. A QB that doesn't mind backing up Hurts. When College teams have a young Freshman stud QB like we do, its hard to recruit talented QB's coming out of High School, because QB is THE one position these High School 4-5 Stars want to actually start. No QB but Hurts will start at Alabama for at least two more years, maybe three.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Best of luck to Bateman, even if he leaves before the big game. He wants to start for a year, can't fault him for that, and he would leave early only if that was a necessary step in getting into a grad program.

I think Tua might be an early enrollee, which I *think* might make him eligible as a backup if we need him. I also see that Tua is taking his OV a week early, the reason being a conflict with his HS team banquet. But even so, coming early is an interesting coincidence.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I hope he can stick it out but I understand if classes start in Jan 6th he won't be able to stick it out. I also understand him wanting to play. He has been a good soldier for us. Waited his turn and his turn just never came. We all know he would have started this year for many other D 1 schools and will more than likely start where ever he is transferring to. It looks to be Jalen or bust for us going forward. Good thing is he has shown he is durable. If CB does transfer before the playoffs can Tua dress and travel with the team? I know he can practice just not sure if he could play if needed.
Hurts is very durable and the strongest skill player we have, but everyone's joints are vulnerable. Personally, I hope they start training Stewart in the playbook...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
How is it that OSU can keep players like Miller, Jones, and Barrett on the team at the same time but we can't even keep moderately talented backups here??
My guess is that no matter how much a person wants to be a good teammate it's still got to be a bitter pill to swallow that an 18 year old FR is better than 'you' and you will NEVER play barring injury. Plus think about how many teams we have blown out this year yet Cooper only got to attempt 14 passes.

Some of this is on CNS. He doesn't play backups until the final 3-5 mins of blowouts. Bateman is like the rest.....he just wants a chance to play. I hope he stays two more games but this isn't anywhere near as bad as what Barnett did.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
How is it that OSU can keep players like Miller, Jones, and Barrett on the team at the same time but we can't even keep moderately talented backups here??
Miller bit the bullet and played WR/RB at times. Barrett was injured. Jones came out of nowhere basically and only played one good season, but regressed the next. Now hes perpetually buried on some NFL teams practice squad somewhere and probably wont ever see the light of day on an active roster.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Miller bit the bullet and played WR/RB at times. Barrett was injured. Jones came out of nowhere basically and only played one good season, but regressed the next. Now hes perpetually buried on some NFL teams practice squad somewhere and probably wont ever see the light of day on an active roster.
Yes, I know the history with all of those player. Still doesn't change the fact that they were all on the roster to play QB for over a year. None transferred after the 2013 season. Miller didn't get hurt until during the 2014 season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.