Bateman transferring

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Cooper Bateman transferring

Bateman has been a team player, so his transfer likely has a lot to do with the needs of the program that offers him. He made it through the regular season, the crappy academic calendar situation creates this circumstance not Bateman's personal character.

It is going to be a thin line for us if he is required to be on campus at his new school before our semi and potential final game, but this is the classy and respectful way to handle it all things considered. Good luck to him and I hope he can finish the ride here for some more hardware.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Bottom Line: If Bateman leaves before the season is done, and Hurts goes down, we become a wildcat offense until Hurts can return, however long that might be.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

An earlier poster on here stated that some of this is on CNS for not letting Bateman play more at the end of blowout games. Please consider that JH still needs (needed during the season) to work on timing and passing. Not just for this season but moving forward.
Not saying anything bad about Bateman when I say what I'm about to say, but maybe he should have beaten JH out. That having been said, I wish Bateman all the best wherever he goes because he has been a team player and has not been bitter or become a cancer to the team. That is a testament to his character.
I don't blame him for transferring as he wants to play. That's understandable.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Bateman has been a team player, so his transfer likely has a lot to do with the needs of the program that offers him. He made it through the regular season, the crappy academic calendar situation creates this circumstance not Bateman's personal character.

It is going to be a thin line for us if he is required to be on campus at his new school before our semi and potential final game, but this is the classy and respectful way to handle it all things considered. Good luck to him and I hope he can finish the ride here for some more hardware.
The real issue isn't the academic calendar - it's been what it is for ages. The issue is the playoff calendar pushing into the next academic session. Pre-playoffs it never would have mattered as he would be done with the championship game before the next academic session would have started wherever he wanted to go.

Luckily there are a lot of schools that don't start classes till the second week of january, so hopefully he ends up going somewhere that will allow him to stay with the team until the playoffs are over.

Last edited:

buzzman

3rd Team
Jan 18, 2014
Madison, AL

I certainly hope that Bateman can stay with us thru the Championship run. Let's face it, these guys want to PLAY football not just practice it. This next team will be his last chance to actually play. They don't have church league/recreation league tackle football that I know of. Some players are done after middle middle school, some after high school and very few get past there but when its over it's pretty much over. I don't blame the guy in wanting to play. Unfortunately for us it may be bad timing.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I guess this is one of the pills you have to swallow when you decide to go with a true freshman at QB. QB isn't like any other position on the field. You don't sub out, you really don't play in "packages". You either start, or you call signals from the bench. Be nice if we had something besides a walk-on as a backup though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Sorry, you're more forgiving than I am - if he quits the team before the season is over, screw him.

You don't quit your team during the season.

You seem to bottle up your emotions. That isn’t healthy. You need to come out and tell us how you really feel.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't know why everyone is hard on Bateman for wanting to transfer.... What many of you don't understand is that should he transfer to another school, His enrollment date is the week of Championship game, so he may not have choice in that matter... It depends on the other schools and how they handle this. Guys, I don't think he's quitting, it's basically what the school may want him to do. My gut feeling is that he probably will stay on for Washington game, but at national championship, He probably can't. That's one of the rules that may need to be tweaked by CFB.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't know why everyone is hard on Bateman for wanting to transfer.... What many of you don't understand is that should he transfer to another school, His enrollment date is the week of Championship game, so he may not have choice in that matter... It depends on the other schools and how they handle this. Guys, I don't think he's quitting, it's basically what the school may want him to do. My gut feeling is that he probably will stay on for Washington game, but at national championship, He probably can't. That's one of the rules that may need to be tweaked by CFB.
Too bad - he's part of a team. He should have thought about this before the season started or stick to his commitment.

Maybe he does the right thing, but if he quits, he's a quitter. No respect for quitters.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I suspect it will be worked out between all the parties once we know where he is going. Think about the publicity the new school and team will receive if they allow him to finish it out. I think it would be a recruiting highlight for the new school too. I don't expect him to transfer to another SEC school. So.lets just chill out and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.