Bateman transferring

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
To be fair, Tua could still redshirt AND be our true backup QB. If he doesn't play he will still redshirt, and as long as Jalen doesn't get hurt we can send whoever we want out there to take garbage snaps and Tua still redshirts if he isn't needed and does not play.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I still think that there will be QB competition next year, particularly if Tua and/or Jones come in with good arms and some down field vision. That`s with the presumption that Jalen doesn`t improve. As strange as it may be, and as accomplished as Jalen has been this year, I don`t know that he`s a lead pipe cinch next season.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I still think that there will be QB competition next year, particularly if Tua and/or Jones come in with good arms and some down field vision. That`s with the presumption that Jalen doesn`t improve. As strange as it may be, and as accomplished as Jalen has been this year, I don`t know that he`s a lead pipe cinch next season.
It'll be hard to do. Just think, it would take a Freshman QB coming in that is even MORE special then Hurts is as a FRESHMAN. Can lightning strike twice for us? Its possible, but not something I'd count on actually happening.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
The biggest thing helping us keep Tua with Kiffin out the door is having the "heir apparent" OC in Steve Sarkisian on staff all year.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
It'll be hard to do. Just think, it would take a Freshman QB coming in that is even MORE special then Hurts is as a FRESHMAN. Can lightning strike twice for us? Its possible, but not something I'd count on actually happening.
I don't think anyone is counting on it, but it is a possibility.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban just said he believes Bateman and Cornwell will be with the team through the playoff.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.