Bateman transferring

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Just saw an alert on my Score app. It says it's unclear when he will transfer, not sure if he stays through the playoffs. Not surprising to be honest.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Cooper Bateman transferring

Cooper Bateman reported to be transferring from the program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Re: Cooper Bateman transferring

Wow, so will be the backup QB be for the playoff??????

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I doubt he would have been put into the game yesterday if he wasn't going to be around for the championship games.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

That is the downside when a younger player is your starter, especially at QB. I thought he would have transferred a couple of years ago. Getting dangerously thin.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Y'all still have Cornwell on scholarship. Be a walk-on behind him though.
Cornwell's foot problem kept him from practicing for most of the year. In fact, the last I heard, he still wasn't. Bateman is far and away our best FG/PAT holder and adds the element of a fake because he's a decent passer...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Why would you quit on your team with 2 games left. Big games. I'm sure he stays for those. That wouldn't make any sense. If he does leave now, I put him the same bucket as Blake Barnett. The same one that says "quitter" and "loser". And now let's be PC ... That being said, I wish him all the best going forward.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.