2016 SEC Bowl Schedule (Updated with Betting Odds)

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
St. Petersburg Bowl - Dec. 26 - Miss. St. (-13) vs. Miami (OH)

Independence Bowl (Shreveport) - Dec. 26 - Vandy (+2.5) vs. NC State

Texas Bowl (Houston) - Dec. 28 - TAMU (-2.5) vs. Kansas St.

Birmingham Bowl - Dec. 29 - South Carolina (+10) vs. USF

Belk Bowl (Charlotte) - Dec. 29 - Arkansas (+7) vs. VaTech

Liberty Bowl (Memphis) - Dec. 30 - Georgia (-2.5) vs. TCU

Music City Bowl (Nashville) - Dec. 30 - Tennessee (-4) vs. Nebraska

TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville) - Dec. 31 - Kentucky (+4.5) vs. GaTech

Citrus Bowl
(Orlando) - Dec. 31 - LSU (-2.5) vs. Louisville

Outback Bowl
(Tampa) - Jan. 2 - Florida (-2) vs. Iowa

Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) - Jan. 2 - Auburn (+5) vs. Oklahoma

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: 2016 SEC Bowl Schedule

Some bad match-ups for the SEC in there. You never know how bowl games are going to go, but the SEC could end up with fewer wins than losses this year.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Some bad match-ups for the SEC in there. You never know how bowl games are going to go, but the SEC could end up with fewer wins than losses this year.
Oh I fully expect several losses. I expect the Oklahoma game to get embarrassing for AU. I think Georgia, Tennessee, and South Carolina will also lose. Florida has better athletes than Iowa but who knows how many players they'll even have to field a team. Which Arkansas team will show up? I think they're a better team than VaTech, but you just never know with this team this year. Kentucky & Vandy, I'm on the fence on.

LSU vs Louisville is, in my opinion, the most compelling matchup outside the New Year's 6

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Great to see Vandy and Kentucky and the others going to a bowl. After a year like this in the SEC, it should help them with the extra practice and game, also with recruiting...what's a few more losses. :smile:

The SEC sent 12 teams to the postseason for the 2nd time in the last three seasons. No other league has ever sent that many in a single year

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Oklahoma's defense is not that good. Unfortunately, I don't think Auburn can take advantage of that. Oklahoma can light up a scoreboard and this does not look like a good match.
Congrats to all SEC bowl teams especially Vandy and Kentucky! RTR!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Now that the regular season is over.......I'll be pulling for EVERY SEC team in their bowl games!

Time for us to pull together just for the occasion. Afterwards, all bets are off.

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I hope that every B1G team other than OSU loses its bowl game badly.

:cheers2:

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland

I'm with B1G here......

Thanks to the way SOS is worked out and overall rankings I understand it.

But I just don't understand it.

Cheer for Sellic? Aberdeen? Hearts? Hibs? Dundee? Dundee Utd?

What?

Are you *EXPLETIVE* nuts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Actually, it is a much better line up that I thought. Other than the Hokies completely throttling Arky I think the rest are pretty manageable other than the USF-Cocks game. The Wolverines, N. Lions, Noles, USC and the like all get other assignments this year which is just fine by me.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Yeah but you also have some squads that are young and super motivated with programs that haven't been bowling in years. Great to see Vandy and UK and USCe in games. They really buckled down to get invites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Oklahoma's defense is not that good. Unfortunately, I don't think Auburn can take advantage of that. Oklahoma can light up a scoreboard and this does not look like a good match.
Congrats to all SEC bowl teams especially Vandy and Kentucky! RTR!
They have a defense? Must have left it at home when they played in Lubbock. [emoji2]

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The reign of the SEC is over according to the media. I suspect this is akin to The Saban Dynasty being over since SIX of the top eleven teams in 24/7 recruiting are SEC teams.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I hope they SEC wins every game, even the ones of the orange persuasion. I don't like Oklahoma, plus we've beaten everyone to this point so I don't think it'll a bad thing to cheer on the teams that we've destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
I'll pull for the Gators and The Who's - just cannot bring myself to root for the Boogs or 10rc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.