Tell me about Washington

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
PAC 12 plays zero defense. As an example, take your pick in the Big 12 and you'll find some QB's in that conference with even better statistics then Browning. It doesn't however mean that they'd be the best QB we faced since Watson.
Pac-12 still has D-1 athletes...it would be hard to throw 42 TDs in 13 games against nothing but FCS teams. It is probably inflated as you say, can't deny that, but people don't throw that many TDs within a pro-style system in college by accident...they do things well in the throw game.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Pac-12 still has D-1 athletes...it would be hard to throw 42 TDs in 13 games against nothing but FCS teams. It is probably inflated as you say, can't deny that, but people don't throw that many TDs within a pro-style system in college by accident...they do things well in the throw game.
And I suppose the Big 12 doesn't shuffle D1 athletes out there? Some conferences are just known for being soft defensively and the Big 12 and PAC are two of them. You're not going to find elite College defenses outside of the SEC and Big 10.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean, I ain't arguing in the mind that he's gonna put up Watson passing numbers on us but they're very competent as a passing offense and they have a coach who is one of the best at scheming you into the wrong answer for what they're trying to do on a given play.

We're gonna need a great day on defense and the offense not throwing away points, putting the ball on the ground, and going three and out too often.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sometimes games like that are good motivations for avoiding the second time...you know like losing a shootout to Ole Miss probably informed the resolve to make a play anyway possible against Clemson?

I do think USC probably indicates a lot of positives for us but at the same time I don't think any of our fans should dismiss this team because you may get a bit upset when they don't just roll over and actually try to take it to us.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I do think USC probably indicates a lot of positives for us but at the same time I don't think any of our fans should dismiss this team because you may get a bit upset when they don't just roll over and actually try to take it to us.
Players wont dismiss them, but its fine if fans do. I personally dismissed Michigan State last year around this same time ;) It turned out fine :)

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
So how does Browning compare to Chad Kelly? (pre-injury and Blunt consumption)
Not as mobile as Kelly. Browning didn't run much at all this season. Hes one of those statue QB's that relies on his OL and pocket to protect him ala Conner Cook. I think Conner Cook is the best comparison I can come up with. But as far as SEC QB's go, maybe Will Grier before he bailed on Florida.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Players wont dismiss them, but its fine if fans do. I personally dismissed Michigan State last year around this same time ;) It turned out fine :)
Well, I probably drank too much media koolaid this past week and was probably more peeved at how that 54-16 game played out than I ought to have been. Combination of poor officiating control over the game, Lane Kiffin waiting way too long to go to Scarbough and aborting all the sprint out passing, injuries, etc. So I'm taking the healthy dose of respect approach this game :D

I don't worry about our players...they're on a mission and UDub is in the way...if we lose it won't be for a lack of trying on the player's part.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I imagine coach Sark might be able to help plan here a little. I realize he has been gone for a while from UDub but his input can't hurt!

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Assuming Kiffin is still around, their athletic linebackers will probably blow up the sideways RPO stuff we insist on running and after a couple slaps to the face Kiffin will pound them into the ground with a north-south run game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Assuming Kiffin is still around, their athletic linebackers will probably blow up the sideways RPO stuff we insist on running and after a couple slaps to the face Kiffin will pound them into the ground with a north-south run game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Bo will play a vital role in this game.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
That was almost a decade ago. See my post #16 in this thread on my opinion of that.
It's true that Washington is a Goliath compared to Boise State, but I think right now everyone views Alabama as the real Goliath of college football so many might view Washington as David against us. I think they might use similar trickery to try to upset us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.