Tell me about Washington

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
It is the game of the Century for them...they will be highly motivated and throw everything at us. If we run the ball and control the LOS on offense then we will win easily. A 1st quarter (Offensively) like yesterday could make for a dog fight. Any team that wins this many games has good players and knows how to win. They will be the best team we have played all year...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
From a talent standpoint they're a big underdog, but, from a coaching standpoint, they're as well coached as any team in the nation..

Just like we did overcoming Florida being hyped up playing us..Washington will be amped up playing us & we have play through that pulling away with the score in the 2nd half like we always do ..JMHO

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
And I don't think you can compare his Boise State teams to this Washington team. Boise State had a lot of those 2-3 Star players and these players tend to overperform their potential and play hard every single game. Especially when its well coached. Keep in mind, I'm not saying that isn't happening at Washington right now, but then again, I'm not saying it is because its yet to be seen. Far too many times we see teams with lots of talent and 4 and 5 Star athletes fall on their collective faces. It takes a certain type of coach to reel in these types of Alpha athletes for a long standing consistent basis. In the end, maybe Washington has staying power, but then again, one could say that Washington is the product of a down PAC 12. Proof is in the pudding and only time will tell, but I'm not ready to say that this Washington team is comparable to his Boise State teams, because one thing Boise State had going for them, was being David vs the Goliath and they played that role better then anyone during that tenure. Washington isn't a David, its a Goliath. We'll see if Peterson can handle being the Goliath over the long haul. Its a lot harder then being David.
Washington's ESPN rankings the past 3 years has 48 three star recruits and 14 four star (0 five star and a few 2 star). My point was the type of athletes he gets and how he coaches. This team does look very similar to his best teams while he was at BSU.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
DL is big, slow, and not very athletic looking IMHO. LB's are solid as are DB's. Solid defense, but IMHO do not match up well with Alabama physically. The will be pretty well disciplined.

OL seems solid. QB reminds me somewhat of Danny Wuerffel - probably more mobile but similar passer. He can sling it but seems like a lot of timing routes and shorter passes. Receivers are on the small side but solid. Same for the starting RB, but the backup gives a good change of pace as he is a bigger chunk to tackle. Our DL should match up pretty well. The biggest concerns are our defensive backfield and playing disciplined against the misdirection and trick plays. I think we are OK here, but if we aren't disciplined we could give up more than 14 points. If we are, I think we hold them pretty well.

They are solid on special teams. PK is solid as can be 45 yards and in.

They are solid on offense in the RZ.

Alabama's approach to this game will determine the outcome. Take them lightly at your own peril. Prepare and come ready to play and Alabama should win going away.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
The match up in the trenches is completely in our favor. What else needs to be said? And for that reason they will do exactly what FL had to do, play a quick pass game with very few running plays. They will probably have about the same level of success.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
When College Game Day was in their campus before the USC game.

Their crowd was chanting

WE WANT BAMA

Kirk Herbstreit said 'No, no you don't", the rest of the panel agreed.

There shouldnt be any easy games at this stage but i suspect we have them covered. We will put more pressure on their lines than USC and they couldnt live with what USC brought.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I say ball control. Run it right at them with our very good RBs. Keep their offense off the field. Do this from the beginning of the game (are you hearing me, Lane?) and never let up, except for the occasional play-action pass.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
A lot of his stats might have come from cupcakes such as Portland State etc. I have to admit I have only seen the Colorado game, but I wasn't impressed with him.
The usc game was nowhere NEAR as close as the score. Adoree Jackson had two INTs, and the entire defense was aggressive. It was by and far the worst game of the year for them, and it was at home.

Last nights performance was head and shoulders above what the USC game looked like.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I wonder, did you guys watch USC run them over?
Yup. And if that was the only game I had seen and then someone told me Bama got them for the peach bowl I'd send flowers to the PAC 12. The reason? Every other team must have died for them to make it.

Washington was outplayed on every level and at every position and that's putting it nicely

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
I've heard it's a beautiful state, but rains a lot.Seriously though, I'm really not worried because I know CNS will have our guys prepared. That other semifinal though is going to be fun, but I don't see how Washington can score enough to beat us.
Atlanta records more annual rainfall than Seattle.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
This will likely be a different team than what we saw vs usc. They will be very prepared and have a much better energy. Washington doesn't have the horses to line up a hat on a hat so it will be offensive play calling vs defensive discipline that will determine their offensive output.

We will likely go lateral early and up the middle late as we have been. Expect a trick play or two by us since we have 4 weeks to prepare.

Expect us to show little outside our normal game plan as we'll be saving it for a potential final.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I say ball control. Run it right at them with our very good RBs. Keep their offense off the field. Do this from the beginning of the game (are you hearing me, Lane?) and never let up, except for the occasional play-action pass.
This is what we yell for pretty much every game. At some point odds say it will happen. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is a night and day comparison. Browning is the best QB we've seen since Watson in the championship last season and one of the better passers we've seen in Saban's tenure.
Possibly - hard to know for certain when it's against the 60th toughest schedule in FBS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.