Tell me about Washington

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
This is a straight fact. Alabama has seen several more talented and more dangerous teams in every respect that Washington. Washington hasn't seen a team that comes close to Alabama. That doesn't guarantee an outcome, but the Washington players are going to experience shock and awe when they start to get hit in that game.
This is exactly what happened last year with Michigan State. Spartans and their fans came into that game thinking they had a chance. But it was apparent midway through the first quarter in that game that the Spartans were outmatched and you could start to see it in the Spartan players demeanor on the field.

In order to beat Alabama, for one, you have to absolutely want to play them. Talking about it and actually doing it are two different things. Plenty of teams have talked about wanting Bama but when they actually get on the field with us, it turns into a whole "What in the hell did we just step into?" deer in headlights type of ordeal for them. Because the second Alabama players start to see fear in the opposition, its blood in the water and the sharks start to feast and that is when the avalanche happens. No team in College Football can avalanche their opponent faster then we can.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think Washington will be somewhat intimidated in this game. Clemson or Ohio State won't be intimidated but I could see it with Washington. At least half the battle is mental and Alabama has a big advantage there..

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
LSU because LSU is a proven NFL factory and then you're going to have to throw Clemson into that mix and maybe even USC and Ole Miss. So you might be the 3rd or 4th most talented team we have faced in the past two years. Reason I say past two years is because we have a lot of players back from last years Natty team. Especially on D.

In other words, our roster has seen talented opponents before. UDUB won't be something we haven't seen before. However, Alabama will be something your guys haven't seen before.
Got straight up chills when I read this line. You can take out UDUB and input any team we play during the season and that can be a slogan!

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Its all fun and games until you actually step on the field against Alabama. :cool2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think Washington will be somewhat intimidated in this game. Clemson or Ohio State won't be intimidated but I could see it with Washington. At least half the battle is mental and Alabama has a big advantage there..
I agree. The UW kids have been seeing Bama hold up crystal balls and the 'monolith' play-off trophy and have heard Saban is the GOAT their whole lives. They will have to be intimidated.

I heard one of the Fox talking heads who primarily covers PAC 12 football say UW is a year ahead of schedule and when playing arguably the best Bama team and college football team of all time this is not a good formula to pull off the upset.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree. The UW kids have been seeing Bama hold up crystal balls and the 'monolith' play-off trophy and have heard Saban is the GOAT their whole lives. They will have to be intimidated.

I heard one of the Fox talking heads who primarily covers PAC 12 football say UW is a year ahead of schedule and when playing arguably the best Bama team and college football team of all time this is not a good formula to pull off the upset.
Not sure what they meant by that, but if you look at the Huskies roster they are going to take a HUGE step backward next year. This is their year.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Is an upset possible? Sure, anything is possible, but its going to take a hell of a damn effort to beat Bama. UDUB can't come out scared and in awe like a lot of teams do against us that are outside of the SEC. The only teams outside of the SEC that are for sure not scared of Alabama are Ohio State and Clemson, which by the way, both of those teams would probably be double digit favorites over Washington too. But Washington might be scared of us. Michigan State was last year and it resulted in a 38-0 beat down.

The Alabama mystique and aura is real on the field.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Not sure what they meant by that, but if you look at the Huskies roster they are going to take a HUGE step backward next year. This is their year.
I don't know why they are such an underdog in this game. From everything I've read they've got a lot of NFL prospects playing and three maybe four who are first round picks. Yet they are being touted as two touchdown dogs. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I don't know why they are such an underdog in this game. From everything I've read they've got a lot of NFL prospects playing and three maybe four who are first round picks. Yet they are being touted as two touchdown dogs. Doesn't make much sense to me.
When you're playing against Nick Saban and Alabama, these things tend to happen.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The score prediction thread for this game is going to be interesting.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Depth - they have none. Even if they play you to a tie for 3 quarters, you win by 14 points. With Alabama's defense and their poor depth, how could Vegas get anyone to bet on them without getting at least 14 points?

Look, they have about 10 players on their roster who will be drafted over the next 3 years. Total. In their 2 deep, 10 players. How many players will Alabama have drafted in the next 3 years who will get into this game? 20? 25?

When you play smash mouth football, depth is HUGE. We all know that. So look past their best players. Look at the other players who are going to have to help out. Tell me, when they are on the field, what happens - no matter who Alabama has on the field at that point, you have a HUGE mismatch.

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
I don’t think that is accurate (mean no disrespect). Most Husky fans thought NEXT year was our year. Losing Ross and Jones (two likely 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rounders) will hurt, but consider this:

- Browning is a sophomore. We’re returning the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year.

- Taylor Rapp, our true frosh stud, was the Pac-12 Freshman Defensive Player of the Year.

- Our top RB, Gaskin, is a back-to-back 1,000 yard rusher. He’s only a sophomore. How good is he? Our back-up RB last year went pro early and he is now a contributor on the Detroit Lions. Our current back-up (Coleman) will play on Sundays.
-
- We’ll replace Jones with Byron Murphy, 4 star frosh (we redshirted him) and Arizona player of the year (offers from FSU, Texas, Michigan and Ohio State). He was our Scout Team MVP in the awards banquet. He’s a stud but he had two NFL CBs in front of him, thus the redshirt.

- We had 14 players either 1[SUP]st[/SUP] team or 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] team All-Pac 12. 9 of them were first team. Many of them are coming back. We had an all-conference 1[SUP]st[/SUP] or 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] team player at every single offensive and defensive position. Only USC can match our talent. UCLA doesn’t count because Mora is horrible lol.

The wild card is whether some of our players leave early. Our back-up RB (Coleman) is likely going to leave early like Dwayne Washington last year (he just had a kid and needs the money). Vita on the DL may go pro. But assuming we don’t have an unusual amount of early entries, we’ll actually be better next year.

We're EASILY top 10 pre-season next year, regardless of outcome of Bama game.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Depth - they have none. Even if they play you to a tie for 3 quarters, you win by 14 points. With Alabama's defense and their poor depth, how could Vegas get anyone to bet on them without getting at least 14 points?

Look, they have about 10 players on their roster who will be drafted over the next 3 years. Total. In their 2 deep, 10 players. How many players will Alabama have drafted in the next 3 years who will get into this game? 20? 25?

When you play smash mouth football, depth is HUGE. We all know that. So look past their best players. Look at the other players who are going to have to help out. Tell me, when they are on the field, what happens - no matter who Alabama has on the field at that point, you have a HUGE mismatch.

Okay, I was under the impression they had 10 STARTERS who would be playing on Sunday. If that were the case I was thinking outside of LSU I don't think we play anyone in the SEC with that type starting talent.

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Okay, I was under the impression they had 10 STARTERS who would be playing on Sunday. If that were the case I was thinking outside of LSU I don't think we play anyone in the SEC with that type starting talent.
WE have 10 STARTERS who will play on Sundays. I can list them out if you like. Hell, our back-up RB is gonna leave early and he's a NFL player (like Dwayne Washington from last year).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.