Tell me about Washington

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Please name ten teams in the country legitimately better than Washington.

I think Bama wins big against them but they're obviously, without question a top ten team. The Pac-12 is criminally underrated.
Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State - That's 9. USC is clearly better - that's 10. And that is off the top of my head. If the PAC was better, you could take for granted that at least Stanford would also be better.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I like confident yet respectful opposing fans. You guys should be proud of your team's accomplishments and in no way am I trying to diminish them or to say UW is not a talented and well coached team. That said, Bama is going to beat the doors off Washington. 42-10 sounds about right.

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State - That's 9. USC is clearly better - that's 10. And that is off the top of my head. If the PAC was better, you could take for granted that at least Stanford would also be better.
Michigan? I'm a Michigan fan (graduated from there as well), but other than Butt at TE, their starting QB, RBs and WR would be on the bench at UDUB (Cheson at WR had potential, but he got injured pre-season and isn't play well at UM). They were trailing Colorado in the third QTR AT HOME. You saw what we did to Colorado. WE'd beat-up on Michigan.Michigan is so desperate on offense they have to use Peppers on O.

Last edited:

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
He has a point. Top to bottom, what other conferences is the PAC better then? Its not the SEC or ACC or even the Big 10. I'd even go as far as to say that the Big 12 might even be better. Conference strength very much plays a role in what teams do and don't do year in and year out. Weak conferences tend to inflate statistics and win/loss records.
I think you're base point is 100% correct, I just think the Pac-12 is better than the ACC or B1G. It's a better and more importantly deeper conference than people realize.

The B1G has made it's reputation on the records of its top four teams, but these teams have feasted on the middle and lower portions of the conference who are simply terrible. Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue and Michigan State just gave wins to everyone they played. The number five team in the conference is Iowa, a team who lost at home to an FCS team and were humiliated in their last two bowl games vs Stanford and Tennessee. And Michigan could only score 13 on them? Any good SEC team murders Iowa. Nebraska has beaten literally nobody all year -- they should have lost at home to Oregon, one of the worst teams in the Pac-12.

Look at the Pac-12 Bowl matchups -- I'd bet they win 4 out of 6, and sweep the B1G.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
LOL -- you don't legitimately think Oklahoma State is better than Washington, do you? C'mon.

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
We get it. You guys have several players with NFL talent. We see that on a weekly basis.

Now, have you guys faced a team with at least 4 first round draft picks? Most mock drafts have 4 to 6 Bama players going in the first round this year.
Sorry for being repetitive but some folks think we have Boise State talent.

And yea, you guys have way more NFL caliber players. That isn't even a debate. But we ain't Boise.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry for being repetitive but some folks think we have Boise State talent.

And yea, you guys have way more NFL caliber players. That isn't even a debate. But we ain't Boise.
We absolutely agree that you are not Boise. But you are not the most talented team that Alabama has seen this year, either.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Okay, I was stretching there to get to 10. :wink:
Haha fair enough. It's almost too bad because I think Alabama is going to whoop Washington -- I'd love to see how Washington would fair against Clemson or Ohio State -- I think it would be far better than you realize. I kinda think Alabama is just going to whoop everyone though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just the general surprise and skepticism at our NFL talent, that's all (I "get it" because we're on the west coast). You guys are straight shooters.
You seem to be very level headed and accept outside opinions. That is pretty rare from fans, so bravo!. Just keep in mind that it is going to take a lot to impress Alabama fans with a roster. I love the stuff that you wrote about match-ups though. I really look forward to seeing Ross work.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Just the general surprise and skepticism at our NFL talent, that's all (I "get it" because we're on the west coast). You guys are straight shooters.
You probably feel that way because most here are incredulous that you actually appear to believe the talent levels are somewhat close.

You have a great team, well-coached, lots of great players. But most of Bama's second string players would start for any team in the country, and that's not an exaggeration. That's what those recruiting numbers I posted indicate - virtually the entire 85 are 4* and 5* at Bama. I'd be willing to be bet that most of our 2-deep will end up in the NFL.

Does that equal an automatic win? Of course not. But when we say 'Washington hasn't see anything like Bama' it's not an exaggeration. It's almost unfair. We're not dismissing Washington, we're just emphasizing the ridiculous athletes Bama has all over the field and bench.

But again, this happens every year, and outside of an occasional truly stacked team like OSU in 2014, the fans always come back afterwards a bit awestruck.

I know this sounds arrogant, etc - it's not. Really. This Bama team is that stacked with talent. That's what six years of #1 recruiting classes builds. If Bama shows up ready to play and executes, they will roll.

RTR

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
A lot of his stats might have come from cupcakes such as Portland State etc. I have to admit I have only seen the Colorado game, but I wasn't impressed with him.
Against USC he was 17/36 259 yards 1 TD and 2 INT's along with 8 carries for -36 yards rushing. On top of that the most he has run for in a game was 28 yards on 11 carries against Arizona. Alabama's front seven should man handle him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Against USC he was 17/36 259 yards 1 TD and 2 INT's along with 8 carries for -36 yards rushing. On top of that the most he has run for in a game was 28 yards on 11 carries against Arizona. Alabama's front seven should man handle him.
Since sack numbers affect rushing totals, I looked at Washington's sacks allowed. They average allowing 1.62 per game, which is pretty solid. BUT they've faced three teams outside the top 100 (1.42 and 1.5 sacks per game) while facing three teams inside the top 25 (3.33, 2.92, and 2.69 sacks per game).

Alabama averages 3.46 sacks a game. Their opponents as a whole average 2.08 sacks a game.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Since sack numbers affect rushing totals, I looked at Washington's sacks allowed. They average allowing 1.62 per game, which is pretty solid. BUT they've faced three teams outside the top 100 (1.42 and 1.5 sacks per game) while facing three teams inside the top 25 (3.33, 2.92, and 2.69 sacks per game).

Alabama averages 3.46 sacks a game. Their opponents as a whole average 2.08 sacks a game.
Long story short, I don't expect him to be able to run on Alabama like Manziel or Watson did.

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Long story short, I don't expect him to be able to run on Alabama like Manziel or Watson did.
Browning is not mobile, he's just a little shiftier than we expected. He's also rail thin and you'd send him home in a body bag if he looked to run or got tackled much. The NFL comp is Brees. A good enough athlete to pick up a 3rd and 6 every once in awhile, but that's about it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Browning is not mobile, he's just a little shiftier than we expected. He's also rail thin and you'd send him home in a body bag if he looked to run or got tackled much. The NFL comp is Brees. A good enough athlete to pick up a 3rd and 6 every once in awhile, but that's about it.
God bless his soul when the Reuben missile crisis comes his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I think UW is better than PSU, Wisconsin, the Michigan team rolled out in November, Okie St...
If the team underestimates UW like they did OSU in 2014, the same results are likely.
We didn't underestimate them. We ran out to a lead, and they come back and kicked our butts. They had one of the best RB in college football, a QB with a huge arm, and an SEC caliber defense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think UW is better than PSU, Wisconsin, the Michigan team rolled out in November,
Well, I didn't expect many on this board to think that B1G teams might be better. Let's call it the same bias that has me seriously doubting Washington. I will be shocked if this game is decided by less than 3 TDs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.