Poll: Who wins the Clemson/Ohio State game?

Who wins the Clemson/ Ohio State game?

• Clemson

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I disagreed with placing OSU higher than PSU based on h2h and PSU winning the conference; but, I have to say, the matchup of Clemson and OSU is a great one!
Did you also put Michigan above BOTH teams that played for the B1G title?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I don't like all the attention we are giving these teams when we have a Washington team that we best not be overlooking but I do have faith in our coaching staff to keep the players focus on the prize. I remember last year when we played Clemson for the NC and so many of our fans talking about Clemson not losing hardly anything to graduation and Deshaun Watson coming back even stronger and smarter. It was hard to imagine how anyone could beat them this year. I'm taking Clemson by 14 points. 35-21 Clemson.:cool2:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I picked Clemson because of their offense, but I could really see Ohio State winning. I think Coach Urban Myer is a better coach so that could indeed tilt the game in their favor. Ohio St. has played a dynamic QB this year at Oklahoma, but Clemson may be a different animal. Should be a fun game to watch since I don't have a dog in the hunt.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I don't like all the attention we are giving these teams when we have a Washington team that we best not be overlooking but I do have faith in our coaching staff to keep the players focus on the prize. I remember last year when we played Clemson for the NC and so many of our fans talking about Clemson not losing hardly anything to graduation and Deshaun Watson coming back even stronger and smarter. It was hard to imagine how anyone could beat them this year. I'm taking Clemson by 14 points. 35-21 Clemson.:cool2:
Well hopefully Coach Saban has informed his staff to stay off Tidefans and not participate in any polls, leaving it to the fans to discuss for a month leading up to the game.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I wish we had 6 teams in the playoff this year. Would love to have seen Ohio St. v. Michigan with Michigan losing to them again.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I don't feel that anything either team has some this season would make them a clear cut better team than the other. There were games that they both looked horrible in. There were games they both looked unbeatable in vs similar competition.

I can't pick OSU (despite the talent gap) because Clemson is the classic "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" team.

At this point, if both teams show up, this could be one of the best playoff games so far. For me, it's a 50/50 toss up.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
What? We have nearly an entire month before any more games are played and the fans aren't allowed to chat about other upcoming games that may affect Alabama's future? Also our talking about Clemson doesn't distract the team from focusing on Washington. The players don't play better just because the fans maintain focus on their opponent. We could have talked about hockey all year on this board and Alabama still would have gone undefeated.

As for your pick, I tend to agree. Clemson wins in a shootout. But honestly it could be a tossup. OSU is young....but that was at the beginning of the season. They've had all year to gel, and they have the Jimmies and the Joes, so to speak. And with ample time off to heal and prepare I think they match up better than they would have in week 5 or earlier. Very tight game.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Both of these teams have been Jekyll and Hyde teams this season. If both teams show up with their "A" games, I think Ohio State's defense slows down Watson just enough to get the win. Otherwise, just flip a coin.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm actually happy OSU made it in for two reasons.
1. My boss (big Buckeye fan) gave me a lot of crap for Bama playing in the 2011 championship: "Bama did not even win their own division." I asked him, "what should the BCS do if the two best teams in the country at the end of the year are in the same division? Select the best and the third best?"
2. Should the Buckeyes survive the Clemson game, I want Bama to get another swing at the Buckeyes. Maybe Saban can make Meyer quit coaching twice.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
I think if the game were played next Saturday Clemson would win by a touchdown. They've looked more like last year's team ever since NC State gave 'em a scare. Still, with 3+weeks until the game I have to give the edge to OSU because I think Meyer's a better coach. Now if you'll excuse me I think I'll go take a shower.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Complete toss-up in my mind. OSU has a far superior defense, and Clemson has a far superior offense. The outlier to me is coaching and preparation. It was obvious in the Oklahoma game last year that the Sooners were woefully under-prepared for the Clemson offense. That won't happen to Meyer. He's too savvy and he's been in big games too many times.

The other deciding factor to me is who can be the X-factor, and to me it's J.T. Barrett. He has not played well at all this season, and he doesn't have the same level of talent around him as he had in '14 or '15. However, he has enough talent to where he can be a gamechanger if he can string together a perfect game. If OSU is going to win, J.T. Barrett needs to have an elite game where he elevates the talent around him to another level. It remains to be seen if he can do that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.